AMC: Possible returns for 40th Anniversary

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From TV Guide Magazine:

All My Children 40th Anniversary Guest List by Michael Logan November 11, 2009 01:28 PM EST

ABC has big plans to celebrate the 40th anniversary of All My Children on January 5. The return of Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos as Hayley and Mateo Santos has already been announced but here—in a TV Guide Magazine exclusive—is the rest of the fabutastic guest list. Fans can look forward to the return of two-time Emmy winner Julia Barr (Brooke), CSI: Miami star Eva La Rue (Maria), Taylor Miller (Nina), Laurence Lau (Greg) and Leven Rambin (Lily). Eden Riegel (Bianca) has also agreed to return but only for that episode. Plans to bring her back full-time have fallen through, despite the fact she now lives in L.A. and AMC is moving there in December. ABC has yet to release details about the anniversary plot and what brings all these favorites back to the show but we do know this: It all has to do with Ripa’s character, who will return to Pine Valley on some sort of business involving her TV talk show. More news coming!

• Members

That's alot of people for one episode. I hope they can do each of them justice in 30-something minutes.

I don't want this to be like the 35th anniversary episode where they had Richard Shoberg listed as one of the guests but all Tom did was stand in the background taking pictures.

• Members

That's a good list, for the most part. Leven is a random return considering they're phasing Jack out big time. Do we know if she'll be playing Lily or Ava? Very happy about Nina, Greg, and Brooke, though. Brooke needs to be back FULL-TIME. But the show has to get better first.

I'm bummed that there's no Nick Davis. Yeah, he hasn't been a regular character on the show in over 30 years, but his appearance in 2005 made me feel good...made me feel that there was still a link between the show's beginning and its present.

• Members

I think they compiled a pretty good list of returners. Outside of Cady McClain or some of the other dead characters, I don't see many of the alive ones that could still be relevant (maybe Justin Breuning sans Alexa Havins), aside from Skye or other children of existing characters. And I don't think bringing back a ton of people that were on the show ages ago would do much now, since most of the viewers have left from those time periods.

LMFAO. Or just as some random nurse or character. That'd be nice even, just as a nod. :(

Archived