AMC: Possible returns for 40th Anniversary

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's the point of Maria returning? She has no ties to anyone left on the show, unless you count David, and there's no point bringing that up again. Eva la Rue thrashed her entire return stint, and it's not like the show has gotten any better since she left.

I wish they could bring back people who could actually enhance the anniversary, and not dead weight or past names who no longer have any real ties to town. I mean, I'd love to see Enid Nelson again, but I know she's not coming back.

• Members

It wasn't Eva's fault.

I agree though with your point. But the focus seems to be getting "names" who have gone on to success in other shows. Maybe they should get Lauren Holly. Her character still has ties to Pine Valley, although it would be so random for her to show up for just a day. I bet she would do it. She's made an appearance on La Lucci's infomercials for Youthful Essence.

• Members

That would require the use of common sense, a concept foreign to anyone at ABC Daytime.

Maria went to go live out in California with Hayley and Mateo, so I guess she'd come back with them... A Santos reunion of sorts.

• Members

If we're talking Robin Mattson's version, I'm all for it. Less campy and more layered. No offense to Kate Collins, but I always found that Mattson brought so much more credibiliy to the role.

Echoing the comments about Eva LaRue... No, the problems with her last return were definitely not of her doing. Actually, I thought she did wonders trying to maker her performances rise above too-often-crappy material.

• Members

I like RM, but I just couldn't get over the fact that Trevor fell in love with Janet, after what she did to Natalie. Yes, I know, this is a genre where we have to suspend disbelief and where women fall in love with their rapists, blah blah, but I just couldn't get behind the Trevor/Janet coupling.

Archived