Who's the worst actor on your show??

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC

Denise Vasi(Randi)---pretty, but should've stayed a model, needs acting classes badly

Stephanie Gatschet(Madison)----what's the point of giving this woman a contract, with such a one-note character

Brianne Moncrief(Colby)-----ok, but glad she's being recast

Brittany Allen(Marissa)----Boring, boring, boring, AMC should've recast

DAYS

Molly Burnett(Melanie), she's irritating as hell!!!! Re-cast Melanie already

GH

Steve Burton(Jason), I don't get the appeal at all

Drew Cheetwood(Milo)

ONE LIFE

Crystal Hunt(Stacy)

• Members

DAYS:

Shawn Christian - I can't stand all the heavy breathing like it's a struggle to say something. The squeezing with the eyes, yellow curly hair and orange tan doesn't help.

Nadia Bjorlin - Lifeless, no emotions what so ever. She's the female version of the computer voice Sam. And why can't she look at the other actors in scenes? Why does she always STARE?

Galen Gering - Same as Nadia, emotionless, one-sided rusty voice.

Alison Sweeney - She has always, ALWAYS no matter what kind of situation the character was in played it hysterical. The exception was Grace's death earlier this year.

• Members

To be fair to this guy, is he even an actor? I thought he was the personal trainer to the GH cast (and TC's cousin) and they threw him in as a favor. As long as he speaks english, I don't ask for much more from him. He appears maybe once a month, probably to make sure he can get health insurance or to afford a house payment or something.

• Members

That's why I love actors like SUsan Lucci, Michael Knight--etc. While their talent could be argued (at least Lucci's though I love her) they becamse stars on their shows, went out to try their luck (sometimes more than once) returned and didn't mope and become unhappy in their roles. Ditto with some of my fave now missing talents like Julia Barr (who left AMC in the early 80s). It's ridiculous to be in a genre that had people liek Ruth Warrick or Eileen H (to again use AMC examples) who had been in Citizen Kane and Laurence Olivier's Hamlet, in it and then feel like you're too good for the work you're getting.

• Members

For a while it was the men on AMC who sucked (the nadir was undoubtedly the casting of Carlos--UGH I was embarassed to even have the show on when he was featured) but that seems to have turned around. I think Brittany Allen has talent--I blame her character, in fact I think she gives her character what little spark she has.

Denise is odd to me--EVERY so often I see a spark that shows she has potential but she needs to go study for a year (or more) and then try again. Brianne is kinda similar--she's gotten so that she's kinda ok but sometimes it really seems the actress isn't even trying--just lazy. And Madison/Gatschet I just don't understand what's going on there... She was on another soap? Was she any good? Sometimes I admit I like how she plays the character so I'm not sure if it's her, or the writing or what. But I agree with your list. (WHY did it take so long to recast Colby this time? Why wasn't Randi recast? I know that sounds ruthless but when AMC was good they were never afraid to recast as soon as needed--Hell infamously a HUGE amount of the cast was recast in the first 6 or so months by Agnes herself I believe).

Cameron Mathison isn't great but for me he's not bad either as far as soap leading men go--he's more than adequate, it's the writing I get annoyed with. TK is eclectic of course but he definetly has talent. I knwo people hate how Jesse mugs, but I find that all in character and love Darnell again even with stupid writing.

She's given no favours by her writing, but yes. When you see how much more appealing an actress like her slutty friend can make such a role, it's obvious. I hear she was once good on GL? I don't have many other probs with OLTL right now... We haven't seen Shane for ages :P Yeah some of the actors seem to fall into mannerisms but lately I even seem to like Christian, so... (I do find something really odd and kinda off in the way the actor who plays Nick delivers his material though but I take it he won't be on too long...)

• Members

She really wasn't very good on GL either. She had powerhouses backing her up every step of the way. If you go from working with Crystal Chappell and Grant Aleksander to JPL and Farah Fath...and then they torched the one good partnership she had on OLTL (with Schuyler).

Her friend is such a gimmick and such a blatant appeal to make us like Stacy, I'm just ignoring her for now.

• Members

B&B:

Ronn Moss of course. He is very popular for some reason and that has saved him on the show. Lord know it´s not has acting.

Jennifer Gareis... Can she play serious without going too campy?

Texas Battle is a cutie, but his portrayal of Marcus is so bad. Unless he is trying to portray Marcus as "special".

MacKenzie Mauzy although she´s not on the show anymore.

GH:

Jason Thomson is just stiff.

Tyler Christopher is the same. He just cannot be candid and alive.

Leslie Charleson isn´t exactly impressive.

Y&R:

Adrienne Frantz. Was overbearing on B&B, not much improvement on Y&R.

Eric Braeden... Sorry, but I just cannot take his refusal to look people in the eyes. He´s a very good voice-actor though. Maybe should do evil characters on animated movies?

Amelia Heinle. Fake Victoria with fake acting.

Judith Chapman - I just cannot take her. Gloria would be better played by the mother from "2 & a half men"

DAYS:

Deidre Hall - queen of bad acting.

Drake Hogestyn - king of bad acting. He even beats Ronn Moss which says a whole lot.

Well lets face it, DAYS has the weakest cast on TV when it comes to acting. People like Chrystal Chappell, Louise Sorel, Joseph Mascolo and Tamara Braun can´t help matters much. The bad actors are in a clear majority.

• Members

This is why I won't put CH on the the worse actor list. I thought that she was good on GL. When Stacey was with Sky, I thought that she shined and we got a snippet of CH's talent. We could see Stacey's vulnerability and that the character had potential when she was open and loving with Sky. I was rooting for Stacey and Sky and still am. It is too bad that Sky has to go through Gigi first. FF and JLP are so horrible. ABC network execs are fools to allow them to play OLTL's signature couple. I don't believe that quality or content dictates the ratings, but featuring those two talentless actors cannot help at all. I don't care what the focus groups say.

• Members

Susan Lucci is capable of greatness (Erica's drug addiction). But, yes, she'll never be Meryl Streep.

At the same time, however, it can't be denied that she lacks charisma -- she has "It". She wouldn't have lasted 40 years and grown such a large fanbase without that. People said the same things about Joan Crawford -- her fabulous screen presence having more to do with her success than her acting skills (although, in my opinion, Joan really was a good actress).

Anyway.......

This is why people like Denise Vasi are epic fails.

Sure, shoddy acting skills (which could *possibly* be improved with time/classes).... but she lacks the fire.... and you can't take classes to get that.

Archived