Y&R sweeps preview

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not to get off the original topic, but I wonder if Maria Arena Bell was a fan of Dynasty circa 1982-1985, because the Newmans are totally reminding me of that show at that time. Think about these character comparisons:

Victor/Blake

Nikki/Alexis

Ashley/Krystle

Victoria/Fallon

Nicholas/Steven

Adam Wilson/Adam Carrington

Abby/Amanda

JT/Jeff

Phyllis/Sammy Jo

Sharon/Claudia

• Members

How can Y&R admit to Mistakes? When MAB just gave an interview stating she haven't done any.

Anyway, I love all the spoilers but Boring Cane & Lily. Really, she said mad at Cane lies for a couple of weeks where she deny him sex. Really!

I just hope Sharon don't have sex with Adam.

• Members

Adam always did remind me of Adam C on Dynasty.. Years ago under Bill Bell, as far back as the 80's Y&R reminded of a slow version of Dynasty. I have to wonder myself if Bell was a fan of Dynasty. Y&R was not always about these super rich Abbot and Newman familes until the mass exoudos in the 80's right when Dynasty was at it's peak and Bell refocused the show

• Members

Couldn't agree more. I mean, it could be better, but it's still good.

Maybe being a survivor of B&B 2005-2007 has made me immune to Y&R's bad patches. I don't know.

I've never understood the Muhney hate. I think he acts circles around Engen.

• Members

It's funny...for me, I'd tolerate six returns from the dead and doppelgangers on B&B....but they INFURIATE me on Y&R. They're just different shows (or they used to be).

I agree on Engen vs. Muhney. Engen was a cute little fuzzball and all, but he got by on his cuteness, not his acting. If you don't believe it, just watch those scenes where he tried to cry.

Muhney is NOT cute...but he's actually delivering layers in his performance. Now, especially, as he moves out of this one-note horror show of baby-burning/crazy-driving, and has a corporate life and a love life (I know Alvin just threw up when I typed that), I think we'll see he has some range.

Archived