Y&R sweeps preview

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I wouldn't excuse them for continuing to focus on that magazine Restless [!@#$%^&*].

I wouldn't give them a free pass on continuing to let one-note scum like Adam roam the canvas, ping-ponging between Ashley and Sharon, when his brand of villainy(and these endless triangles) is SO campy and off from what this show needs.

I wouldn't give them a free pass on literally just throwing Chance into a life or death situation when current viewers have no emotional investment in the character because the previous regime didn't spend the time properly establishing his character.

And I SURE as hell wouldn't give them a pass on Cane polishing Lily's head while they go to second base.[Christel]*Giggle*[/Christel].

But I'm pretty sure a better writing regime, even with these crap stories, would be able to properly plot and script this in a way that doesn't insult the viewer's intelligence.

• Members

Unless Victoria and Nick suddenly develop personalities, I'm not interested. A better actress playing Victoria would help too

Adam is much too ruined for me to watch. This fetus burner, baby napper, blackmailer, and thief is one-note, not interesting, and he's boring. He should be sent off to prison. I have no interest in seeing him outsmart his dull as dishwater siblings.

Wait, so he gets close to the women he made think her baby is dead? More shock value before anything else, typical of this writing team. :rolleyes:

I have no interest in seeing Adam manipulate Sharon even more after what he's done to her. Boring.

So it takes a stabbing for Chloe to come to that conclusion? Again, shock before anything else with this regime. A perfect example of what bellcurve was talking about in the other thread about how it takes events for characters to come together with this writing regime, nothing is ever natural.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Restless Sh!t has been a boring disaster since day one. Once again, Billy is far too overexposed for this mess. He's stretched too thin.

WE WANT TO SEE BUSINESS STORIES ABOUT JABOT AND NEWMAN. NO ONE CARES ABOUT RESTLESS SH!T! Then again, this writing team has proved that they do not understand the corporate side of this show.

The only good thing about this is that the hideously boring Mac and Billy pairing might end, so finally something to look forward to.

Zzzzzzzzzz

But I'm not a Lane fan, so...

I can't beleive they're getting remarried too. I guess this is the only time we get any romance on this show, with a very polarizing couple. :rolleyes:<_<

• Members

I really don't understand the Y&R hate. Although some of the stories haven't played out the way I would have liked, I have never doubted the intent of the regime. I don't have any faith in ATWT or AMC, but do believe Y&R realizes they have made some mistakes and wants to rectify them. Things don't change over night. The Adam-Sharon-Nick triangle, and the end of Billy and Mac is a step in the right direction though. ZZZZZ to Cane and Lily, but accept that people like them.

• Members

You know, as has been said a lot lately, these soaps are an ongoing commitment...and they are, in a strange way, a relationship of trust.

As a corporate entity, Y&R has already seeded a slow growth of mistrust...really since 1998. That accelerated with the past two HW regimes that reached for stories that were -- well -- not so characteristic of Y&R. Actually that's not right. Y&R has always had dark stories and psychos and so forth...but mostly those were driven by outsiders with short times on the show, and they seldom ran multiple dark stories in parallel.

So, I do understand the "hate" in terms of the cumulative mistrust.

For Y&R the important question is whether this fairly abrupt shift that we're all noticing this week will open up an era that rebuilds trust.

• Members

Also, look at the horrible balance on this show, the same characters that have been front-burner all year long are also front-burner during sweeps. You know, it would have been nice to see some other characters once in a while...

The cast is far to huge on this show, and they don't use about half of them properly. They cry about budget cuts, but they refuse to cut actors, and continue to hire new ones.

• Members

It looks like Phyllis is going to be down in story while the actress has her baby.

LMFan is gonna spit nails over another 26 weeks with no Likey story.

But I don't see any Silver Chipmunk/Terroni either...so that's good.

Alas, I don't see any Winters story either.

• Members

I'm finding with this show, you just never know. The Adam vs. Nick sounds nice. Will Muhney pull it off? Who knows. You can have something that's written fine, and the actors tank it.... and on the other hand, you can have crap writing and the actors take and make it powerful and great. A few years ago, when I read about Victor having a dream where Braeden played hmself, AND his father, I thought "NOOO!!!!" But when it played out onscreen, Braeden made it work, and it was WAY better than I expected. So I guess we'll see. I don't have alot of confidence, but it's been 35 years, why the hell should I stop now? I'm certainly not a professional bitcher.... if I like it, I'll say so, If not, I'll say that, too.

Archived