Y&R sweeps preview

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't believe Phyllis will be down in story probably a bit of the opposite. I believe Michelle said the baby comes in December so she might take time off around then..they probably have something planned around that as well. If I am following the 2006 s/l copycat trail LMAO :lol: ..I think Likey will be a tad busy too I hope. These couples are a part of THE FOLD now, who knew. :)

• Members

Too many new faces on Y&R. So much disconnection. Where the hell is Rafe? Where are all the gay stoyrylines MAB kep running her yap about? The Son of Victor Newman teabags Rafe and WE NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN!!! Where is the fall out from t hat? Where is the emotional connection? how does Adam feel about sandbagging a man? That story itself could have lasted 26 weeks. I rather see that than Adam play Tom and Jerry with the people in Genoa City.

The last few eps of Y&R have been SO DAMN DEPRESSING. I have to take anti depressants to stomach some of this non sense

• Members

Other than LML and her tenure, Y&R has changed the least compared to the soaps. Again, I know they have made mistakes, but I don't think the show has screwed up so much that a non internet fan would even know a difference. Even now, it seems clear to me that the show was trying to entertain. Yes, stories have been depressing and have gone too fast, but I believe the show is taking viewer feedback into consideration and will make changes.

• Members

We can all hope.

But having Maria Arena Bell always stress in her interviews about how her and her Co-HW's have done nothing wrong and that everything that happened these past few months was "by design" doesn't give me much hope. Her blatant egotism and lies over the past few months (like promising some romance, some fun, us seeing lots of characters we hadn't seen in while in front-burner stories, multiple gay stories, more balance etc) were all turning-points for me. I'm not putting myself out there to be lied and manipulated by this writing team again.

As Mark said, you have to earn trust, and right now, many of us have been burnt repeatedly.

• Members

Do we really want to see Nick in another triangle?? The only reason I believe they are going this route is due to Michelle's pregnancy. The Adam/Nick angle would have been great had it been done when Engen arrived in Geona City. Adam is ruined. Who cares about him now. Who cares if he takes on Nick now. I surely dont. Both sons of Victor are losers in my book.

Billy and restless style story sounds blah. When did Billy gets so anti-Newman all of sudden?? But I agree about Cane and Lily....boring city..who gives two f u c k s about them.

• Members

Because Billy Miller is their shiny new toy and the most valuable member of the Abbot family to this regime. Billy has been stretched in some many direction this year, he really could have used some rest. Again, who the hll cares about Restless Sh!t? REALLY?

Yet another story to prove how big Billy's d.ick is and how he's hardcore.

• Members

Nick-Adam had one scene together a few weeks ago, when TGVN was first rushed to hospital I think, where Nick warned Adam to stay away from Newman Enterprises. And Muhney adlibbed, I believe, "or what?"

That was a great, confrontation. Morrow apparently LOVED it, and told Muhney so.

Muhney and Morrow are both athletic dudes with wise-ass senses of humor. Neither of them takes this sh!t seriously, and they sure love the man-brawl scenes. They're pretty evenly matched, I'd say.

So, that sounds fun to me.

I know some folks will never forgive Adam...but I'm more forgiving. Plus, they have gone out of their way to assert that Adam never meant for the baby to die. That went too far.

So, what have we been told/seen lately:

- Adam, in taking his schemes too far, is supposed to be a "chip off the old block" (e.g., the Patty caper). It is true that Victor jailed a man and fed him rats, and lived to be a viable romantic lead. So I do think Adam can get past this.

- On soaps, the formula then is "redemption through love and good deeds". We saw, last week, that Adam is NOT a sociopath. The tears and memories of Hope were explicit signs to us that there is a good man deep in there...but he lost his way.

- Moreover, we were reminded that there are domains in which Adam is competent and skilled (Harvard business school). If he uses those skills for good--does decent work at Newman Enterprises and saves the company--not for one-upmanship, but to "make amends"--that will go a long way toward re-establishing the character in domains OTHER THAN skulking at the ranch

- the baby theft was meant to do two things -- keep Adam out of trouble AND "make amends" to Ashley. Adam genuinely feels he "owed" Ashley that baby. He also knows the unfortunately circumstances of Faith's conception, and I'm sure has convinced himself he's done something "good" for Sharon and Faith too.

- If, now, Adam develops genuine feelings for Sharon...and if he feels growing remorse for what he's done as the relationship develops...that will show us still more potential.

How? Because if he conveys that 'if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't", the audience will see he's moved on.

I'm not saying it will play this way, but it can.

Some folks will NEVER forgive Adam. (Just as they have never forgiven Gloria or Kevin). So this is a risky strategy. IMO it can work, because Muhney is quite engaging.

Scott Hamner told it (even though MAB later denied it). There are no gays. There will be no gays.

So, I'm over it. It's actually a relief.

Archived