Y&R sweeps preview

• Members

This is from SOW via several other boards.

The pressure builds when Victor has both Nick and Adam trying to work at Newman. Both try and wear each other down. Nick tries giving Adam small usless jobs, seeing what it will take to get him to quit. Adam works hard to irritate Nick.

Nothing pushes Nicks buttons as much as Adam zeroing in on his “Achille’s Heel” - Sharon. Adam and Sharon have much in common. Both have made bad decisions, both have been known to keep secrets. Adam tells Sharon about him and Rafe, and sleeping with him. Since he so deeply exposed himself, Sharon lets her defenses down,and lets Adam in…sharing her own secrets. The new bond, given Sharon’s vulnerability,really works on Nick.

Chance tries to stop a robbery and is severely injured after being stabbed. Chloe learns he’s been rushed to the emergency room, and is fighting for his life, and her whole world changes. She’s put in a tight spot realizing she could be about to lose a man who truly cares for her. Nina sees Chloe in a new light, realizing underneath her edge, she is genuine, and that she has real feelings for her son.

Billy purchases Restless Style from Phyllis, and proceeds to use the magazine to do a horrible expose on Victor. It goes against everything Mac believes in. This proves one of many powerful obstacles for Mac and Billy. The couple realize how very different they are. When Billy uses an online article to do a destructive job on Victoria, the relationship finally breaks.

Lily's cancer and Cane’s lies have kept the pair from being intimate. They're going to shatter through the issues that have kept them physically apart, and make love for the first time in a long time. Their love story is going to be refreshed. They start making some huge plans for the future.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Truly, nobody on here will even give any of these teased storylines a chance without the headline "Writing Team Fired" preceding them.

ETA: That's not necessarily a criticism, by the way. Just an observation. I wonder what people would say about these same teasers if it was a new head writer, and this was their first aired material.

• Members

That's what I wanted when Engen was in the role. Why do we get this now with Muhney in the role? The battle between the two brothers should have been done before Adam became a wacko character. I don't care which idiot comes out on top now. It's too late now to tell this story.

• Members

No, I disagree.

I like these ideas--a lot. I have been expecting the Billy-Mac break (and I can't wait to get to know her better), like the Morrow-Muhney antagonism (in real life, they're both competitive jocks with a wiseass bent...and that's gonna play on screen), I called the Adam-Sharon union.

Every one of these stories is about business, relationships. This is NOT about Nick waffling between women--he's made a choice. This is about Adam (even if he is playing games) being honest about his "sexual exploration"...and not getting killed for it. Instead, it will be nice to see how Muhney does a "relationship".

I don't mind Billy being reckless.

With Chance shot, I'm much more excited to see Jill-Kay-Chloe-Nina react, than the storyline itself.

NOBODY is matter at Y&R than me today. But I still see REAL signs of progress -- "listening" to the fans' desire for more relationship stories less premised on death and crime.

I'm even pleased with the introduction of Dr. Emily Peterson. I was expecting a bad psycho. Instead, it seems like we might just see a stable therapist. The "anti-Patty", as it were. That works just fine for me!

• Members

And?

The show is heavily flawed right now, and people have a good excuse to be pessimistic about this show. We've been burnt too many times. We've seen spoilers that have given us hope, and then most of the time the execution is hideously flawed.

Y&R hasn't been a very stable and good show for a while now.

Just asking, what do you see in this writing regime that makes you optimistic after months of horrible stories? How is it different from all the other HW's in daytime that never get better?

• Members

I'm not necessarily optimistic. As I said, I wasn't criticizing, just making an observation. The teasers could say Dru is returning, Sharon gets a new man, all stories will revolve around Newman/Jabot, Ashley plots revenge against Adam, etc, and people wouldn't be trusting of it. That's all I'm saying.

But that's what I get for posting, I guess. LOL!

Archived