AMC: Friday, October 9, 2009

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only good thing about the Annie kidnapping is it seems to be almost over and maybe will rush an end to this story.

I did like the scene as small as it was with Jake and the Priest--in a way it reminded me of the much longer scenes last week with JR and that Chemo Patient--it's details liek that I love on soaps--interactions with one off characters for instance--and that AMC has been too short with lately

• Members

I can't believe how stupid that kidnapping was. Now that Jesse and his clan have heard Madison confess she killed her husband, what does Zach have over him still? It would have been great if Jesse had called in reinforcements and arrested Zendall, Aidan & Ryan at the end!

Erica needs to STFU. I hated how she was badgering Annie after the kidnapping. Her lust for Ryan must have killed a few brain cells. I thought I would enjoy the Erica/Adam scenes but it feels like the same dialogue over and over with her accusing him of being played by Annie and him defending his fiancée.

At the very least, this kidnapping should have culminated in the reveal of the killer. Emma falling down the stairs was a lame cliffhanger that will just drag out this endless storyline!

Imagine how fun the christening could have been if the writers didn't rush it. With David's hubris, he should have invited the whole town to witness it and we could have had reaction shots from Tad, Angie, Krystal, Opal, etc., who would have shown up to support Amanda. As it was, it felt forced. I don't buy that 2 weeks ago Jake & Amanda were madly in love and now he's crying and whining that she's living with the father of her son. That scene between Jake & the priest fell flat to me because Jake knows that Amanda isn't committed to David yet he's acting like a spoiled 2-year-old.

• Members

Jake and the priest scene fell flat, for me, because Jake's in there bawling his eyes out -- with no tears?! :rolleyes: I already take delight in watching Jake suffer -- but to have him make me laugh in a scene where he's supposed to be in such torment?! It only made Joke even more of a joke to me. He's totally a small, little annoying BRAT!

• Members

I used to piss all over people who used to giggle with glee over this idea -- but nowadays, I say cool. I'll be more than amenable to that happening... but Jenny has to be revealed as Charlotte, first. There's no way I'll ever get on board with the idea that these Martin Assholes can play dirty with other people's children, yet have every last child of their own living in that miserable House of Hypocrisy.

• Members

I can't believe that Amanda gave up custody of her son without demanding a DNA test even if only to stall for time. This is why people ridicule the soaps. TPTB need to join us in 2009 and tell stories smarter. David could have switched the DNA results or it could have been an accidentally mix up if Pratt insisted on dragging this story out.

Archived