DAYS: Discussion for the month of October

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kate/Phillip have gone unchallenged in the Inappropriate Olympics for too long, and the DiMeras are nothing if not competitive.

The Kate/Nicole scenes were a real spark, they're what is so good about soaps, because nothing happened in them, yet you were still entertained by the cutting remarks and the shared history between them. My favorite part was when Nicole threatened to seduce her sons. I also really liked that brief EJ/Kate confrontation. They used to be lovers, right?

The Sami/Nicole scenes from a few days ago were also great, you could see so many layers to Nicole, and you couldn't help but feel Sami's pain as she said goodbye to a child she doesn't know is hers. I also liked that we learn why she (like many soap characters) is well off in spite of not having any real job -- because of John.

I don't think Mia/Chad/Will are strong enough actors to carry scenes together, so I'm glad they had Justin in to help with the heavy lifting (let's forget about the hilarious "fight"). They presented both sides, and even though we're supposed to feel for Mia, they did remind us of her mistakes. I still want them to bring Adrianne back, because Hope/Justin will not go anywhere and I want to see Judi Evans back on the show, but they're integrating Justin better than I thought they might.

The Hope/Victor scenes were great use of history, mentioning Zack and Isabella.

Usually DAYS has done a decent job lately of showing both sides to the many confrontations on the show, but I thought the scene where Maggie blew up at Melanie and Nathan for kissing was a bit off. I know they had to have a reason for Nathan to move out, but if they were going to have that level of reaction, then Melanie and Nathan could have, I don't know, opened their mouths at least?

The Friday cliffhanger was good, with Stefano calling Nicole.

And Renee Jones really impressed me all week. I wish she had more story.

• Members

I am loving Hope and Bo's break up. Hope moving into the Kiriakis mansion is contrived and makes no sense, but I love the twist. When did Victor ask Hope to move in? I missed it. I like the re-establishment of Kiriakis family. I want more Justin. Hopefully, this is the beginning of Justin taking his rightful place as the Kiriakis Dauphin. Has Days extended Wally's stay? I hope so.

I am tired of Nicole, but liked seeing her getting the upper hand on Stefano.

• Members

He asked her on Thursday or Friday's show. She agreed on Friday. It was a good set of scenes. Victor even told her that he knew Zack's death was a big reason for the breakup, because you never get over losing a child.

I think Justin is staying around for a while. I'm hoping he will do more than just have scenes with Hope but it's better than nothing. I wasn't a Ned fan but I'm glad to see Wally Kurth again, he has such a warm presence.

• Administrator

Same here. I like the set up for Justin/Hope. And you just know Adrienne going's to be back one day (even if it's just for a short visit) - for a Hope/Adrienne show down. You just cannot pass up on that beat of the story.

Loved the quick Carly/Victor, Carly/Bo flashbacks today. And finally Bo/Carly meet each other again! Can't wait for tomorrow.

• Members

I am going to look for those Hope/Victor scenes. I always thought that Hope should have left Bo back then. I am not a fan of Justin and Hope or Bo and Carly having a romantic relationship. I don't like the switch the partner stories, especially ones that are not going any where. It may not be terribly soapy, but I rather Bo and Hope stay estranged and single before working their way back to each other.

IMO, Justin's importance is helping to rebuild the Kiriakis. He has been the only competent Kiraikis who could take over for Victor one day. I would like to see Bo brought into that family if only because is angry and jealous. I would love to see Brady, Phillip, and Bo furious and plotting against Justin because he is ruthless and Victor's favorite.

• Members

The Hope & Victor scenes were fantastic. Talking about Isabella and Zach and everything. It is very forced that shes moving in with him because of budget reasons/simpler story reasons but those scenes sold it.

I dont think Days is going anywhere romantic anytime soon with bo/carly or hope/justin. so far hope/justin is just a friendship bo is jealous about. and something just tells me they are going to establish carly on the canvas and do this entire storyline about her killine lawrance before they go romantic with her and bo.

i just hope for some victor/justin/bo/brady/philip family scenes around the holidays. i wish they would bring chelsea bad for a few days because i could so see her making them all get together for a dinner. lol.

• Members

"Salem. A memory behind every tombstone."

:lol: Somebody needs to print that onto a bunch of tees and start selling them at the next Days fan event.

I would also like to flag up Lawrence and Vivian Alamain as kissing-nephew and aunt.

I actually thought the Stefano/EJ scenes were not inappropriate, just affectionate. But maybe that's just me. :unsure: It is actually one of the things that makes me love the Dimeras and Kiriakises at the moment -- yes, they are extremely dangerous, manipulative and dysfunctional. But they interact believeably with each other and it grounds all the gothic stuff. They just have to send Renee Jones into a scene with Joe Mascolo and you can feel the appreciation these two actors have for each other (BTW, all the baby-swapping stuff reminds me of the last time Lexie had a major SL). I totally buy EJ's relief at Stefano waking up and his hugs and kisses because EJ hero-worships Stefano and would be lost without him.

Victor & Hope was such a satisfying scene to watch and I cannot wait to see more of those dynamics when they start living together. Speaking of the Ks, when I heard Justin was coming back, I wasn't sure how he would fit into the canvas but I really like how the writers have slowly inserted him into the show and given him different scenes with characters you wouldn't expect (like Mia, Will and Chad).

Good Bo-Hope scene. Peter Reckell is damn good and damn overlooked. He reined in the urge to pull out the histrionics but it was still clear that Bo was losing it. It's been a while since I've seen Bo so panicked and desperate.

EJ-Sami... man. These two actors have a love-hate chemistry other shows can only dream of. Seriously.

LOL, I love how the show just isn't bothering to hide AZ's pregnancy anymore (though the hair department continues to make a hash of her 'do). Speaking of, I cannot WAIT for the Nicole/Sami/EJ face-off!

• Members

Kate to Stefano, "my darling you're alive... again."

Stefano to Kate, "So we are going to be alone tonight. Am I going to make it through the night?"

Stefano to Kate, "My health insurance is convinced that you are a pre-existing condition."

Hope to Victor, "Isn't it nice to be able to sit here and talk without me reading you, your rights."

Victor to Hope,"Beware of Greeks bearing gifts."

Hysterical. Who writes this dialogue? Pure comedy.

Lucas is back!

I am loving Victor and Hope bonding. Justin is acting skeevy around Hope. I like it.

Days is the best soap right now.

Archived