DAYS: Discussion for the month of October

• Members

I don't think they were inappropriate, they were just something different from most father/son relationships on soaps, but nothing untoward.

I agree with you about those two families at the moment. I wish there were a few more DiMeras still around because I'm liking them just being a family, without the feuding and the returns from the dead.

I thought the dialogue in that Bo/Hope argument on Monday was very strong. I liked Bo's lines about being cornered, and their police training. I don't know if DAYS has ever been known as a dialogue show but I really like a lot of their lines lately.

Oh, and I liked Carly's tour of Salem, complete with flashbacks and snarky comments. I hope they're going to really manage to integrate her back into Salem (but please not with Dan).

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw nothing like that at all. This father/son kissing I think is short hand for "we lived in europe and are not afraid to show affection". On GH Stephen Nichols used to have his hands all over Tyler Christopher but it wasn't homoerotic. It's just unamerican.

Anyway, Days has been pretty good. I like Kate and Stefano, Victor is always the highlight of every episode. I like Chad, is that his name, the father of the baby. He was just some day player and suddenly he is all over the story getting hid fair share of a point of view. I would say the weakest link on the show, if there even is one, is the girl who plays Stephanie. She seems to have hit a dramatic dead end.

• Members

^I agree.

And as much as i love Shelly hennig, and i do. I also think she has growen into a strong soap actress, i do question Stephanies role. Something isnt working with her and nathan. Whatever her and Philip had was killed by the breakups/makeups every other day. She could vanish and no one would know, or really care it seems. However perhaps Days is just building a strong triangle with phil/mel/nate and then plan to weave steph into it, idk. Its too bad her and Brady are related because SH & EM have chem.

• Members

I'm glad they resolved the Maggie/Nathan/Melanie conflict, I think it could have gone on a little longer and explained Maggie's POV more but that was a sweet bonding moment at the end. I'm glad they had Lucas sort of give her advice, it was a nice role reversal. I'm happy they have explored more of Lucas's Horton side in recent years and I hope they continue.

Molly Burnett isn't a great actress but I do enjoy watching her with the right focus, she always adds her own unique style to a scene, you're never quite sure what she'll do.

I do agree with you both about Stephanie, although a lot of that is the writing, more than the actress.

Kate/Stefano are very entertaining for me, I laughed when he told her she was the reason he didn't go into the light, and when she told him if she'd wanted him dead, he'd be dead.

• Members

^^ IA, I think Stefano & Kate (or "Katherine" as he calls her) are going to be a VERY interesting dynamic.

I'm still having a hard time "accepting" Molly Burnett. I'm trying but the way she talks kind of gets on my nerves. The squeaks and stuff. Yesterday, Melanie was more tolerable but usually my FF finger is itching to put the pedal to the metal when she's on.

Not advocating violence on soaps here but... that scene was awesome. Mainly because Sami (who must be half JS's height) absolutely matched EJ physically, slap for slap. I thought she was going to rip his throat out. The first time I've seen a man-woman catfight on a soap -- and I'm not sure EJ would have come out the victor.

Speaking of, I loved Victor calling Bo an idiot. :lol:

• Members

stefano/kate bore the hell out of me. i just casn root or care about kate at all for any reason. im not usually one of those people on soaps need to pay for the crimes they commit, but damn... enough is enough.

i love Molly, but i see what your saying. it doesn seem people tend to love or hate her.

and its about sami/ej. those two are so perfectly matched and your so m right, had that fight gone on there is a good chance she woulda killed him. girl was headed for the juggler even if she had to jump to get it, lol.

adding victor into the justin/hope/bo/carly thing was brilliant.

• Members

Watching Tuesday's episode just now. Lauren Koslow's blue goth streak in her hair is SO distracting what the hell is going on there? Between that and Ari Zuker's horrible 'do, someone in DAYS hair department needs fired...

• Administrator

I found Bo/Carly's reunion to be a bit of a let down. There was no emotion at all. It was like, "What are you doing here?" "I need your help." "Why?" "I killed Lawrence." You guys haven't seen each other for 16 years (our time) and were great loves of each other. Where's the emotion! If I just read the script and didn't know the character, I'd think they were brother and sister or just friends. I didn't get the sense they loved each other before....and I only saw the end of the RKK/CC versions. What did you Bo/Carly (PR/CR versions) fans think?

• Members

I can see the disappointment, especially if people thought there'd be more. I'm sure a lot of fans were wondering about more. It worked for me because both characters are emotionally beaten down and have been for a long time. I think they also cut their feelings off for each other and they aren't going to push those back up right now, they're both too scarred.

• Members

really?

i thought it was perfect. these are not two lovers torn apart by life finally coming back to eachother. they are ex's who loves and cared for eachother depply, over 15 years ago, who are both at emotional low points in life. He is in shock to see her, she is distracted by being hidden. i dont think days is trying to sell love between them. i think they made it clear they are just friends, and it fits because if you watch bo/carly they were just that, friends above all else.

PR/CC were much bettwe as Bo/Carly than RKK/CC IMHO, but RKK/CC had a passion more than a love.

• Members

Why would they be emotional? It's been 16 years (or more since Days likes to play with timelines) and it wouldn't really fit the characters since they were in love with other people and never have been the kind of characters to get all teary-eyed with each other. Bo's not very sensitive, at least not when it comes to stuff like this, and Carly's not one that easily gets emotional either. One can also say that with all she's been through it's hardened her even more. Plus, it's not like they've been pining for each other or even thinking about each other. She broke his heart and by the time she left she had drifted away from him. I won't even get into how bad the exit story for Carly was but the way it was written is the way it was written. She had moved one and wanted Lawrence. It's been a long time. It would be unrealistic for them to just hop into each other's arms and start flirting with each other. It has to be subtle. There were signs of that today in the scene where he gave her the blanket and his caring about protecting her was another sign. There was also an awkwardness in the scene yesterday when she said was glad Hope and Ciara had moved out.

Circumstances have brought them together and it's already apparent that the show is taking a cautious and intelligent approach with this. You can't force the issue. You have to slowly develop a Bo/Carly redux because Bo isn't just going to drop Hope nor are those feelings for Carly going to come back all at once. It takes time. Same goes for Carly. It's natural and realistic. Expecting anything else would mean sacrificing the characters for the plot and basically ruining what is a good story. Bo and Carly always had potential to be a BIG couple and, for awhile, they were. They still can be that kind of couple. However, expecting this to be some grand, emotional reunion on par with something you would see from Jack and Jennifer or John and Marlena or whatever just doesn't make sense when you take everything into consideration.

• Administrator

Oh I never expected romance, or them crying, or flirting or anything like that during the reunion. I just thought there would be some kind of emotion that showed they were in this great romance before. I don't know, maybe it's because my expectations of their first scenes were so high and anything short of spectacular was going to be a let down.

• Members

Re: Carly & Bo. The fact is, it has been too long since they were together the last time. It's kind of like when Patch and Kayla were reunited. Despite SN and MBE's personal chemistry, their reunion fell flat for me. It was the same here with C&B, but may be it's because I was a Carly/Lawrence and Bo/Billie fan back in the day. By the time Carly left, she and Bo already had closure on their relationship. She couldn't get away from her feelings for Lawrence and he was already growing close to Billie. I honestly cannot see them as anything more than friends here. Still, it's only been two days and

Oh dear lord PLEASE would somebody tell Sami and EJ about Sydney already! The reveal is set for THIS November sweeps, right?

LOL @ Philip sniffing around Melanie again. Didn't he use her and dump her when he was all infatuated with Stephanie?

Archived