DAYS: Discussion for the month of October

• Members

Yes, that is ironic about Deirdre. I feel sorry for Crystal in that I'm already hearing comments like, "What's so great about her? If she doesn't bring the ratings up then are they going to bring back the real stars" (the DHs, SN, MBE)? I guess if Crystal got through the insanity that was GL's last decade she can get through this.

Supposedly RKK was finally fired because Kristian Alfonso and Lisa Rinna banded together and said they would walk if he didn't go. Kristian is one of their big names and Lisa was also popular at the time, so I guess that was enough for them.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, unlike most returning soap stars - who have often been out of daytime and are not used to working with lower budgets and less well-defined characters and inadequate directing, and subsequently get raked over the coals - Crystal Chappell managed to reach the height of her popularity during GL's Peapack Era. Really, at the time I truly wanted to believe in what GL was trying to do, and I still do not hate Ellen Wheeler. But what Maureen Garrett and Lisa Brown had to say about their impression of that production model when they made their final cameo appearances on GL makes me think that DOOL is actually going to be a step up for Crystal in terms of a professional environment that inspires quality acting. Who would have thought that anyone would ever say that about GL and DOOL in 1993?

• Administrator

Reilly was great at payoffs from the beginning to end of his first tenure. Every year, there were multiple huge stories!

I don't understand why Carly left with Lawrence either. I only started watching Buried Alive, so I have no idea that their relationship was like before that.

Well, Reilly was campy/dark from the beginning. I think Reilly had a lot of freedom as the ratings continue to rise. I think there was more of a struggle during Reilly 2nd tenure though.

I doubt Lawrence is dead. We just saw him get stabbed...big deal. LOL

Ohh....Bo/Carly's child! Good idea.

• Members

Just finished catching up with today's episode. *SIGH* Well to be perfectly honest, I think this reveal is falling a bit flat for me. It seems like one of those *looks great on paper vs. execution* type of things. After all the subterfuge, Nicole still thinks she's right...no type of genuine remorse?! :blink: What exactly am I supposed to be rooting for here? EJ to dump Nicole and go after Sami; Nicole & Brady to find their way to each other after EJ dumps her; Ej to dump Nicole and fight for full custody of his kid; like, where are we going?

Don't get me wrong the acting is good, the scenes are intense dialogue-wise. However, after all these months of torture, I expected something a bit more mind-blowing. Feels like there was limited buildup to EJ actually figuring it all out (unless you read spoilers), so it just all came out of nowhere. Plus, Nicole is just so blase and defiantly disingenuous about it, at this point I'm not sure if I really care. Is this like...the prelude to the real payoff, you know, the *intermission* to get us excited for the good stuff or...?

• Members

I think Nicole can't allow herself to feel remorse. She is holding herself together because she has built these delusions about a life with EJ and she has already done so much she can't face because she will crumble. I thought she came across as very desperate and fragile when she was trying to convince EJ, i didn't think she was blase.

• Members

CC and DH did have issues, and she did with RKK as well as most females on the show (KA, AS, LR)

I did find it ironic that months after Dee is fired CC is hired, lol. And no they are not going to bring back the "real stars" because SN & MBE did nothing for the ratings to be honest, the ratings went up once days cut the dead weight that held the show in the past. I love DH and Marlena, but fans refused to allow her to grow and change anymore. She was saddled down by John. Days kileld John and started to rebuild Marlena and fans flipped, so the moment they brought him back i KNEW DH/Marlena was done.

Alison Sweeneys mom also complained about RKK.

I love it when soaps start, have an opening, go back to the show, then break.

THANK YOU! This is how i felt from last week.

• Members

So do I. Isn't Days the only one that does it, though? All the others I watch cut to commercial right after the opening credits (I think... maybe Y&R doesn't. Can't remember).

Shawn Christian -- step away from the Mystic Tan. You, too, Joe Mascolo.

Will channeling Zac Efron. :lol: I half expected him to break into a song in the graveyard.

Thank you, Days, for showing old clips of the Carly-Lawrence love story and not rewriting history completely. I liked that Carly remembered the good times -- and the bad. Can't live with each other, can't live without.

So... is this official Sweeps or something? I always thought it was in November. What I mean is: do you think Nicole will spill that Sydney is actually EJ's baby with Sami?

• Members

I hope they wait till sweeps to reveal the rest of the secret. I'm pretty sure that's the plan. And I want it to be a public reveal with Sami, EJ, Brady, Mia, Chad, Will all there to witness Nicole's downfall...But as for this week, I'm loving it. Ari and James have rocked and have given some very memorable performances. Also I'm loving having Carly back on the show. Having Justin back has also been great, surprisingly he really fits into the canvas so well.

I really enjoyed Melanie and Nathan today as well. They have a very nice chemistry and can't wait to see them explored more. I just wish Phillip could move out of their storyline. He seems to old to be chasing after Melanie.

• Members

I haven't really commented on the episodes for a while, I've been pretty bored with the show for a few months now. I was never a big fan of this baby switch storyline so the big climax (or whatever) never really interested me, but I did watch it. The only thing on the show right now that I'm excited about is Carly's return. Stefano and Kate's wedding was also good but I'm tired of Stefano being sick yet again.

I thought the normal opening was back but it's not, it's just a little longer than the shitty one we got during the summer but it's still not the full one.

Good to see Erick Avari as Omar.

I'm still not buying the Nicole/Chloe friendship.

How long has Rafe been in the water?

• Members

Watching some of yesterday's show. The Justin/Hope scenes were nice. Wally Kurth fits right in, doesn't he? To be honest I wasn't much of a Ned fan, so I'm getting a new appreciation for him.

I don't know what to say about Hope's blouse or top. It looked like something Phyllis Diller used to wear.

I laughed at the maid trying to talk to EJ about "Mrs. Dimera" wanting "Mrs. Dimera" out of the house, then somewhat clumsily adding which one was which.

• Members

I think they've done a great job with the character of Justin. Having him interact with Hope and Bo is perfect. And i can't wait to see him interact and hopefully defend Carly for Lawrence's murder. The show is really on a roll right now. I'm back to watching and enjoying the show everyday. I loved the end with Chad walking in on Nicole and Mia. I hope he finds out the truth.

Archived