DAYS: Discussion for the month of October

• Members

I don't think this is the same as Patch/Kayla. They were the loves of each other's life, and she had not moved on with her life during his "death", while he had been an amnesiac.

Bo has been married several times and has sired and lost children. He's still with the big love of his life, Hope, and not handling their breakup very well. Carly has watched a man she loved turn into an abusive monster.

I thought that for the emotional place they're both in, the scenes worked very well. Most of all I saw a certain camraderie between them, more than any romantic chemistry. If that happens I don't think it will for a long time.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to admit SON is the only site I like reading and discussing Days on. Check out sites like Days Prevuez or the Salem Place/Early Edition sites and nothing but vile with posters who seem to have a grudge with the show. There is reason a I use to stay away from Days fanbases for a longtime even though I'm big fan myself-Days fans often seem to have no thought of reason or brains.

• Administrator

Sami and Stefano's argument was golden! "You don't even know who fathered most of your children." "You deserved to go home to an empty crib." LMAO!

How cute and adorable was Cydney when she was crying....those tears.....those short breaths (I love this in babies).....laying her head on Ari Zuker......I couldn't stop smiling at the cuteness. :)

I'm calling today's ending a false tag! No way Rafe showed up to Sami's apartment.

• Members

i loved the line sami gave to stefano about taking her mother away, ive been waiting for that to be adressed between them for years!

and LOL at his line about her not knowing who fatherd her kids. but it not very true, but not true at the same time. didnt she know lucas was the father of will but said austin? she also knew ej was the father of her newest baby but just didnt say so. the only ones she didnt know was the twins she she slept with lucas and was raped by his son.

• Members

Love the twist with Nicol/Stefano asking Mia to pretend she slept around and doesn´t have an idea who the father is. But I think Nicol should show a little more remorse later. From all the things she did so far to keep the babyswitch secret I think this is the worst. The way they play Mia around and use her love for the child which is really dead is just sick.

Also, loved the scenes with Phillip and Melanie yesterday. They aren´t a longterm relationship/wedding and family material, but they have great chemistry and push/pull dynamics which is always fun to watch.

Shallow note, Shelley Hennig looks so gorgeous lately. That darker shaded lipstick really suits her. Stephanie is slowly starting to remember she used to be quite a bitch too and I think it´s only a matter of time till she joins Phillip in his attempt to split Nathan/Mel. I think that will be a lot of fun, especially if they are still in love as well.

• Administrator

I was impressed by the twist too. This baby switch story has been the savior of this show.

This quad storyline is pretty good too even though it's very slow (that's a good thing!).

It was great seeing 'Madam' again! I think Gary Tomlin is going to do Vivian justice and I can't wait to see her hunt Carly down. Vivian should've got the ending scene instead of going out of Rafe.

• Members

Gosh, i couldnt agree more. Wtahcing Nicole not care that mia is about to flip her life upside down again by saying shes a whore knowing that Mia is only doing this to help nicole keep the child Mia belives is hers is sick. It wasnt bad enough that nicole watched mia watch her duaghter die and didnt say anything. I really hope they kill Nicole off. She must die. It must be slow and painful. and i would enjoy it.

Philip/Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie is an interesting quad because is really two triangle coming together. Id love it if Steph got back into bitch mode and helps Philip break Melanie & nathan up, esp if the two are aware they still love eachother but know it will never work.

• Members

I think we need to praise the associate writers more. Because really, the stories aren´t something to brag about. It´s all very simple, but the way they are revealing it and using every possible way to twist it and play every beat is amazing.

And they are smart and know what they are doing. Like today, a lot of people would get really frustrated if it was just Nicol and Stefano convincing Mia to lie for them again. But they had Rafe finally return in the same episode, so even if people gets angry Chad´s DNA test will not move the story, they can put their hope in Rafe´s plan and continue to watch.

One of the best Tomlin´s decision ever was to bring the associate writers back.

• Members

Everything that works for me on the show feels like it's a return to the old school soaps, especially in that you may feel like a story drags, but you do get to see most of the reactions, you get to see all sides, and you get to see a payoff.

I couldn't help laughing at that little cutout of Carly that Vivian was holding from the photo of Carly/Lawrence. It was so perfectly cut out. It made me want to see a Salem version of Guess Who, where you have cards with various faces and the other person asks you if your main card has brown hair ,or brown eyes, or whatever.

I'm not going to get my hopes up but I am so happy to see Vivian again. It's just like, why was she gone so long? Fortunately she still has so many foes and relatives on the canvas, even after a decade away.

Archived