DAYS: Discussion for the month of October

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Am I the only person who thinks that both Molly Burnett and her character 'Melanie' are the best things to happen to DAYS in a long time? She's such a classic soapy bitch-goddess that I can't believe the writers haven't given her better storylines. She reminds me of a cross between Lynn Herring's Lucy Coe and Jackie Zeman's Bobbie Spencer!

molly-burnett-1.jpg

• Members

I agree too. I did not see her when she first arrived so can't commment on that but have been watching for the past few months and I actually really like her. Not getting why all this hate for the actress and/or the character. Really loving all the storylines and characters right now.

• Members

Well, she was a little annoying at the beginning and her character was very one note, but mainly Tomlin was forced to put her on frontbruner in November last year during the time when the popular vets were being fired left and right. Not the best way how to make a new character popular.

But I definitely agree. Molly is a wonderfull addition to the cast. Melanie reminds me young Jennifer, not physically, but she has the same energy, spunk, humor and so much personality. And her relationship with Maggie is exactly the magic kind Jennifer used to have with Alice.

Guest dc cubs

I did not like Melanie when she first came on the show. She was on all the time. Days started using her a little less and softened the character. I like her now and she's good at comic relief.

• Members

Melanie has improved leaps and bounds. I find her quite enjoyable now. I guess it also helps that she acts opposite Suzanne Rogers and Mark Hapka alot, both excellent actors that seem to have rubbed off onto Molly.

Although last week was really great with Kate and Stefano getting married, this week has been strong too. The show is hitting another stride again, but these generally only seem to last a few weeks I noticed. oh well, I'll enjoy it while I can!

I love Nicole and Kate living in the DiMansion - this can only lead to great one liners!

I missed most of August and September, so I was wondering if someone could fill me in please about Ari - She was dealing drugs from the Brady pub to that Troy guy. I assume she is Salem PD because she was chitchatting with Roman yesterday (in the Brady pub - way to blow your cover lol) and that she and Brady are more off than on now. How did that come about? Did I miss anything of importance?

• Members

Wow... I was just sure that Kate would get to be the one to bust Nicole and that she'd get to blackmail her for decades... Well done! Love Kate and Nicole being in the DiMansion together as well.

Melanie and Maggie were perfect. I'm glad that Maggs didn't become a hypocrite and attack Melanie. The writers have done a great job in having Maggs' be so open about her shady romantic history, and to have her relate to Mel as a good girl who is sometimes just confused.

• Members

I don't watch every day, so I don't really know how she comes across, but the girl who plays Mia, even though she's not a very good actress, she has a very strong presence and a real sincerity which is hard to find in soap ingenues. I hope they can manage to keep her with people who will help her improve her acting, as I think she has a lot of potential.

• Members

I agree with what you say. I dont think she is a bad actress, but maybe too young. She gave her best performances in the past opposite John Callahan and Ari Zucker, but this week she really notched it up against the guy who plays Chad, Casey Diederick (sp.) I think Marnie has done well with casting in the younger groups this year. But I'm biased too - I think the acting on Days is pretty good (excluding Nadia and Galen) which isnt an opinion held by many (whether based on subjective evidence or apriori prejudice).

Thursday's show was awesome. I cant wait for Friday's show. Loving Days again.

• Members

I loved the scenes with EJ finding out about the miscarriage...They were so exciting...Can't wait for EJ to confront Brady and Nicole tomorrow..Days really is on fire right now..Oh and i loved the Kate, Stefano, EJ and Nicole scenes from wednesday..They were hilarious.

Archived