DAYS: Discussion for the month of October

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Loved the scenes between EJ and Nicole I can't believe how Nicole is still blatantly lying even as the evidence is all out now. Sort of like Sami back in the day. Oh, and I thought the ending was completely random and came out of left field although I did like the campy, unapologetic dialogue. Michael Sabatino hasn't aged well, looking worse than he did on Passions a few years ago. But I look forward to this upcoming story.

• Administrator

James Scott is awesome when he's yelling. ITA, those scenes were powerful! I loved how EJ brought out the fake-baby-padding and then played the tape. And Nicole is still continuing to lie but EJ isn't buying it. The anticipation to these scenes have been wonderful. This is who you write soap opera!

Of course I'm watching! I just don't go into threads until I see the episodes, and dude, you gotta put spoilers in tags, man! ;) I was excited to see Carly and Lawrence too, but it was so weird for it to happen at the end of the episode with no lead up. People who don't know them must've went, "WTF was that!" LOL

*pulls out hair* You Fast forward those scenes??? What? They were some of the most important scenes to this story...the secret is coming out. Man, I'll never understand you. LOL

• Members

Exactly what I was alluding to in my earlier post. In face I had completely forgot that today was their first airdate. Still that dialogue was ruthless! "I wouldn't have married you if I knew what a monster you are!" "I wouldn't have married you if I knew what a bitch you are!"

• Members

I know Carly had amnesia for a while but she didn't still have it when she and Lawrence left together, right? If that's the case, I have to quibble with Carly's dialogue a little. She wouldn't have married him if she'd known what a monster he was? Really? So, rape and murder weren't the slightest tip-off for ya that he might be a bit off? :unsure:

I haven't been much of a fan of EJ but James Scott was fantastic today.

• Administrator

Carly got her memory back before she left Salem:

The actual dialogue was:

(off camera)

Carly: "I didn't realize then that I married such a total monster."

Lawrence: "And that I married such a total bitch."

*sound of a slap* (Lawrence hits Carly?)

Then we see Carly stab Lawrence.

I don't know their history since I wasn't watching back then, but how/why did Carly forgive Lawrence for raping Jennifer and all his misdeeds? Fast forward 16 years now, maybe Lawrence started doing some bad things (abuse?) to Carly and now she sees the light?

• Members

i have not watched carlys story in a long time but i think when carly left she knew she had her memories back but other people didnt. she also didnt marry lawerance before she left. i assumed she met married him not knowing what a monster he was as in she thought he had changed, since she obviously had since she was far from a bitch when she left. whatever the story is i have a feeling its long, complicated, and will take time to tell via flashback.

• Members

i have had anything nicole on FF for the past month pretty much. i am all for slow build and build up and whatnot, but after nons top lying i hve just become uninterested, she doesnt even seem to care that shes lying anymore. who am i sposed to root for here? car for here? the only person i can think of is mia and sami and niether were invovled so i didnt care. they need to move on fast, IMHO.

i think it could also be a wtf is this [!@#$%^&*]? i beter watch monday to find out. because o have two friends who called me about that scenes, 1 a longtime fan whos voicemail went "omfg! wtf?! Carly killed Lawarnce on Days?! CALL ME!" and another that went "umm, what was that last scene. im so confused" so... who knows. i liked it. i think the way they are bringing her back in interesting.

Guest dc cubs

My memory may be a little shaky but here's what I remember. Lawrence was the person who dug Carly out of the coffin. He revived her and then took care of her. Lawrence nursed Carly back to health. During this time Carly had amnesia. Lawrence was very good to Carly during that time.

Carly got her memory back just before they were to leave Salem. She went to see Bo and they both realized that too many things had happened and they weren't going to work. Carly wanted to try and make a family with Lawrence and Nicky. She did remember all the things Lawrence had done. However, she thought he changed and was now more like the man who loved her while she was recuperating. She never did forgive him for raping Jennifer and all his misdeeds.

• Administrator

But it's a huge beat of the story that's being played out now. As a fan of the show, why wouldn't you want to watch it? It's not like the same scenes are being played over and over. When EJ pulled out the fake belly, you didn't stop FF and think, "Hm...what's that about?" Or when EJ played the recorder, you didn't think "What's going to happen now?" I just don't understand the logic of fast forwarding important scenes. :unsure: And the rooting value here is Nicole getting busted, EJ finding out the truth (or part of it), at least that's my rooting value.

Archived