LML or MAB

• Members

Whatever. LML never killed off a younger next generation character, and she didn't do too many meaningless deaths. Even John Abbot's death had longterm effects on her show. It might have been a stupid move, but she always followed though on the aftermath.

Nothing MAB is doing gives me hope that things are about to change, but I know you've admitted to being biased when Y&R is concerned. Take a look at the spoilers to come - it's more shock and awe with little emotional resonance.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's easy to be blinded when someone is killed off and there's a few emotion scenes. That's to be expected, even though Colleen's death is leaving me cold.

However, Y&R is not about family dynamics, love, or emotional resonance otherwise. It always takes death under MAB and company to propel story and give us only one week of of some emotional scenes.

MAb and company are writing some anti-soap.

• Members

I'd mostly agree with you, these last few months.

I also give zero weight to Colleen's death, because I am not feeling it, and because I agree it is shock and awe.

The scenes that have been affecting me this week involve Murphy, Jill-Kay, Adam-Ashley, Adam-Nick, Gloria and the Scoobies (yes, I thought they were a fun 2-day diversion), etc. Most of these were meant to be B, C, and D fillers. Instead, for me, they delivered more than that.

That gives me hope that the actors are compensating for some of the problems in the long-term thrusts, and also that the BDW/SWs are doing their best to back-fill in some meaningful emotion even when the long-term story is shock and awe.

You'll not get a disagreement from me on your major points! Instead, I'll just say that they have been able to shine some very nice moments this week DESPITE your major points.

• Members

At least LML and MAB have not made drastic cast changes,unlike other soaps that introduce a new family or put the spotlight on new characters not connected to the core.

We have had Heather,Adam,Mac,Billy,Olivia,Chloe,Nina,Pattyetc return

Although the writing has been inconsistent,at least the characters are still there and can be salvaged.

• Members

I don't know if Adam or Patty can be salvaged. Heather and Olivia are barely around. Making Chloe Esther's daughter was a good way to give her some ties to the canvas, but the relationship has not really been explored and Chloe is still basically a character with few ties to anyone but Billy. Mackenzie is treated as a complete non-entity, she has no purpose in life other than being Mac's girlfriend.

Archived