LML or MAB

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Her stories were mediocre to poor, the pacing was off, and she did play favorites too much, but I liked that she kept business stories going, and I think she had more respect for Nikki and for Jack and for Paul than what we're getting now. I almost miss the days when the biggest problem with Jack's character was having to be looked down on by Gloria.

• Members

I wonder if Lethal's on a tropical island laughing her ass off at how much fans hate this show.

I definitely wouldn't have trusted Lethal in the long run. I think we'd be suffering from the same thing under her that we are under Maria. The big difference is that what would have took Lethal another year, it took Maria less than a year to achieve now.

I can't believe how absolutely DUMB this show is now. Absolutely DUMB. Trashy, shock value crap.

• Members

Can I vote for neither? After witnessing utter crap like Brad fighting Nazis, the Pheila storyline, "SHE GAVE IT AWAY!!!", Dru's fall, and Out of the Ashes I believe Latham if she was still in charge would have continued writing storylines similar to those.

Bell/Sheffer/Hamner have since May now been producing the same if not worse utter crap that Latham produced. Both Latham and Bell are poisonous to the show.

Smith? I liked him, but there were flaws, and it could be said that three fatal mistakes he made are why we are at this place now. However 2003 remains an amazing year and was probably the last year Y&R was consistently excellent for the entire year save for Smith's first fatal mistake which was making Katherine and Jill mother and daughter.

• Members

Co-sign. Pheila and "Thighmaster" Brad were hilariously awful. LML didn't understand Y&R AT ALL.

Unfortunately, MAB is simply another LML. The only difference is that MAB gives lip service to "Y&R history," whereas LML couldn't give a sh!t. At least LML knew that she wasn't writing Y&R as fans knew it. MAB seems totally delusional.

• Members

I will respond to this by saying...when LML was around I never MISSED a single show unless I had to..there was a lot of energy and I felt it. I was excited to see what was going to happen next - and it was lovely that sometimes I didn't know what was going to happen next. I think what I loved the most was that she tried to be CREATIVE and give us different things to watch and yes indeed some of it fell flat - I didn't expect perfection or to like every single s/l all the time but I liked that she gave me different looks.

The reliquary s/l was one I ended up not being particularly fond of but you know I had never even heard the word reliquary before and she actually made me go and do some research LOL and even understand more about the Jewish culture. That how a show can keep me interested.

I have accepted a long time ago that the Bill Bell era is gone and it is never coming back EVER...the show really does need to change up a bit to survive with all the variety of programming that's out there to entertain an audience. Longtime soap audiences are not growing and they don't want to adjust to change. The shows are not attracting a new breed of viewers to the genre to keep it thriving and I truly don't believe soap writers can keep up hence all the SHOCK-VALUE and PLOT-DRIVEN s/ls. It's all about the quick hits sadly. <_<

• Members

I will say this, at least Latham didn't constantly tout her own horn in interviews and act like her show was some groundbreaking piece of high art in the press.

Maria Arena Bell & Company have been toutung their own horns in every damn interview, and they act as if what they're doing is some groundbreaking high-class piece of art, when it's not and when fans are so unhappy with the creative direction of the show.

• Members

i was just about to say LML's had direction. MAB seems to be making up all this stuff as she goes along. There is alot of NOTHING going on on the show. What was teh point of making Kat/Jill not mother/daughter if they werent going to do anything with it? Its been months and all we've seen has been Jill whining like a 5 yr old about Kat hating her and she is still doing that. What was the point of bringing back Philip from the dead and making him gay? That twist fell flat. What are they doing here with Billy/Mac/Chloe? WHAT are they doing with Phyllis/Nick/Sharon. All they've done is go back and forth with each other. Just how many times can Nick dump Phyllis for Sharon? WHERE is the show going with this Deacon art storyline and the dumbo quad? Everyday its the same stuff with them. The list goes on. The show makes absolutely no progress with its stories and when they do, they go and take 10 steps backwards and start over

Archived