LML or MAB

• Members

Don't mean to start yet another Y&R thread but I would love to hear people's comments on MAB vs LML

Who's tenure do/did you enjoy more and why?

We all know I am team LML. Y&R still felt lik Y&R to me under her. At least her stories weren't dark, dreary and depressing. I looked forward to EVERY episode.

Now I have to listen to cat's meowing, rat's playing tricks on people, out of body experiecnes, weak women, animals dying. FOR WHAT!? What is the point?

Which regime is more damaging for the show

Discuss and Debate.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Obviously, both women are cancers to the show.

Both of them had a period were the show worked and wasn't all that bad.

Both of them crashed into unbelievable depths of bad-storytelling.

But I'll be damned if I don't prefer LML. No matter how bad her show was, there was a sense of direction and heart that MAB's show completely and utterly lacks (and that says something!).

• Members

I have to say LML. Her biggest fault to me was the stories were too plot driven and the characters weren't as strong, but it was still watchable. MAB's problem is that the stories are becoming somewhat nonsensical and the plot twists are pointless. It's very random now.

• Members

Both LML and MAB are toxic to Y&R. I would never want LML back and I want MAB gone, but if I had to pick the lesser of two evils, I'd go with LML. LML was a nightmare, but MAB is a nightmare that just gets scarier with animals and silly chipmunk costumes and now a psychic girl with cancer. One thing I will say though is that LML has a resume full of writing credits, no matter how bad her writing sucks. MAB on the other hand, has no resume of writing credits. She's a hack who needs to get her empty head out of the sand. LML may have been detrimental to Y&R, but MAB has destroyed the show. Sony and CBS need to form a campaign to oust every Bell connected with Y&R. If your name isn't William J. Bell Sr., you should have no part in Y&R.

• Members

I was viciously attacked for defending and praising LML. LOL! I stuck with LML until about two months before the strike. I did think that she was better with Alden and Smith on board, but other than Brad, Kevin and Gloria, I liked her verson of Y&R . It had action, things happened. It was never boring. I loved what she did with Dru and the other Winters though I saw complaints galore. I couldn't stop laughing at Dru with her messed up hair in the asylm reading poetry. It was hysterical. The Carmen Mesta murder was nutty, but I liked how it tied into to Brad's ridiculous story with Jana as the murderer. I don't think that MAB with or without Hamer and Sheffer is close to as good as LML. I don't think that it was a coincidence that the ratings tumbled during the strike and under MAB. So take that, you LML haters. LOL!

• Members

LML gave us Mike/Lauren/Nick/Phyliss friendship,

Devon's got a big emtional toryline tat had me in tears

Even Victor had a big storylin that was a tear jerker. Forgot what it is.

By no means was LML perfect, but she is way better than Drabby Mabby

Gave Dru some good stuff.

Drabby Mabby has given us just that, drabbiness

• Members

LMl started off good because she still had some of old writers around. she started to go downwards when she started doing a Bush number. Hiring friends & family.

MAB is just terrible. & how can she be when she part of the Bell family.

Anyway I perfer neither one of them. They both get me sick.

Archived