Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks. With his mental struggles over the years I had a feeling. 

Other than the eyebrow issues Rick looks terrific. 

Sonia seems likeable enough. She didn't remember that Harley and Lucy briefly met in the anniversary episodes, but that's understandable.

[!@#$%^&*] hell Alan did not know Rick and Beverlee McKinsey worked together. I'm just glad Rick corrected him...

Edited by DRW50

Alan starting things off by reminding. Everyone that she was once head the of PR department.  ( We know, we know gurl. )  Didn't know that Rick's half Italian. Do see the Mediterranean in him.  Both Rick and Sonia are very likable. I can't see Rick as Linc/ATWT.  Frank never had an affair with Julie. You would think super  fan Alan would know that. And would correct Rick.

• Members

Yeah, still the eyebrows. Otherwise he looks terrific. 

That was the first I'd watched of these in months. Rick was very energetic and grounded, and Sonia was sweet and easy to watch as well. Alan offered nothing but I don't want to bash him too much as he is doing this for fans and there were no connection issues this time, but please just do basic research. Sonia was NOT on OLTL before GL. You can find that on Wikipedia!

If you have a chance, try to watch Rick having a meltdown about how much he hated the Universal remote. SO funny.

I was annoyed Alan didn't ask the questions about Gilly/AM that multiple people asked. At least he did ask a question about Julie and Lucy and their feud. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I appreciate this Locher Room welcoming Rick Hearst and Sonia Satra, who played Alan–Michael Spaulding and Lucy Cooper on CBS’s Guiding Light, and was sorry Frank Beaty, who played Brent Lawrence and Marian Crane, could not be there.

It was fun.

It can be humorous testing people’s memories. That is a good 25 years ago.

You know what tends to not get mentioned? Or not get mentioned much?

That the series—and other daytime serials—had budgets.