Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Interesting Fee played two different characters on two different soaps who infamously met very grisly ends. The Kit Vested story always intrigued me and I remember listening to audio of it. Kit had absolutely gone bonkers and passed into legend at GL’s first psycho. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And from interviews we know when Curlee was promoted she focused on characters she had a particular fondness for when she was paired with Long as co-hw.

I spent some time rewatching Reilly’s first run on DAYS.  I would say his GL contributions were stellar, and his DAYS was very entertaining for me right up until Marlena is revealed as the desecrator.  Once we get to the full possession storyline the show really changes.

• Members

THIS^^^

I remember this and thought it was a soap first for two heroines to compare identical storyline notes!

All Springfield needed was a support group for women who gave away or “lost” children who popped up later as teens or adults. I’m talking Reva (twice), Harley, Vanessa, Selena (twice), Sarah, Jennifer, Olivia, Alexandra (twice)…

How many did I miss?

Once a month at Company. Buzz provides coffee and cronuts. 

• Members

I've long wished for a single episode after a character returns from the dead when they have to explain their return to the DMV and credit card agencies. 

"Let's see here Mrs. Lewis, you came back on an Amish farm, and now you need an increase in your line of credit so that you can buy some skirts that are above the knee..."

"OK, Mrs. Spaulding, I see that you'd like to change your name from Lorelei Hills to Beth Raines because you had amnesia after being held hostage by an illegitimate prince on the same Caribbean island where Mrs Lewis once ruled?

Edited by j swift

• Members

I remember Bill Bauer's return from the dead was handled as believably as possible.  And it included some realistic details.  For example, Bert had to return the life insurance money she received when Bill was thought dead, and she was concerned about the financial difficulty that would cause for her.   I've never seen details like that written as part of any other return from the dead plots.   

• Members

Forgive if this goes too far afield, however, the incident I often cite is when Todd returned on OLTL and was told that Victor's cover story was that he had plastic surgery to change his face, Todd's incredulous response was, "and you believed him?!?"

Edited by j swift

• Members

Another Locher interview coming up

Actress Toby Poser will join me live in The Locher Room on Wednesday, August 24th at 3 p.m. EST / 12 p.m. PST. Toby will be here to talk about her artistic collaboration with her husband and two daughters working together on Wonder Wheel Productions. Wonder Wheel epitomizes a can-do attitude toward independent filmmaking: as cast and crew, they write, act, and shoot; they produce, direct, edit and score it all.