Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Thank you very much for the info, I remember Hilary but I don't think it was her so it must be this Barbara Ring

Also i just checked my memory told me Fiona Hutchinson Played a Tanya on GL, Wikipedia confirmed, any chance it's the same character?

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

We can add Neil Sedaka as well. July 7th 1982

Guiding Light

Wired for sound offered an eclectic music mix. Wonder how the GL producers decided who would appear?

Guiding Light

Ashford and Simpson April 5th

Judy Collins March 22

Guiding Light

Jennifer Holliday May 17

Guiding Light

Maurice Gibb April 6

Guiding Light

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

This photo is dated Feb 19 so maybe other dates are incorrect also.

I'm also thinking that Neil Sedaka did not perform at Wired for Sound. The presence of Bea Reardon and the maid suggests he was a guest at some other sort of swanky event around that time.

Guiding Light

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Thanks for finding all the photos @Paul Raven 

Marland really did spend months and months building up Floyd's music career. Or Allen Potter did. I wonder if that was ever meant to be long-term or if they just used that as a reason to brings musical guests in and there was never any interest in the  character himself.

• Members

I liked Floyd...he was a normal background character that soaps need...stupid that they made him madly in love with Beth and a killer. Later on the show should have used Rick and Frank that way,,,just nice normal people who werent involved with a lot of drama.

• Members

Reva is about to drive off that bridge and the show is about to drive into its golden age. No one noticed that Reva was showing an odd propensity for wearing post maternity clothes in RED????  Holly/MG is looking smoking hot here and I know everyone else loved her but SS' Blake is so...BIG and campy and not very sexy for the vamp she was supposed to be. Its weird to see BC's Beth not humping the Spaulding couch and acting nice and normal and its depressing what was eventually going to happen to Reva and Beth when they returned.

• Members

She left for maternity leave in 1986. We never got the whole story behind her last departure. SOD said she clashed with tptb over creative control and P&G said her departure was a mutual decision. SOW said she was fired over ratings. To me she didn't lose steam, the show clicked on all cylinders so her departure worried me. Thankfully Curlee's team took the show to another level 

• Members

I think there were several factors..Pam did indeed need to be pulled in..and she balked at the net control which we all know does not come with the best choices. I think she was still hurting from having her Johnny Bauer is a miracle healer storyline shot down (good on the net) and then the Matt Weiss thing (bad on the net) and finally, Reva returning as a ghost to cheer up Marah that Christmas (good on the net also, as they wanted to leave the door open to Reva being alive, but as we saw, that didn't stop her..) She was most likely tired of fighting the net, her ratings weren't taking advantage of the ATWT lead in, so that along with her sauciness I am sure made the net say, "See ya!" 

Pam's best stories were her heart, friends and community ones (though oddly the dark as hell Sonni/Solita was damn well her best work, but that was essentially about two sisters bond, and family abuse, not Annie Dutton is EVIL camp..) and as you see here with the clunky Roger as special agent saving AM, so that big "healer" storyline always confused me. 

• Members

Pam didn't want Jim Reilly as a co-heat and P&G insisted on it.  Remember: Pam always had a co-head (Jeff Ryder then Nancy Curlee/Trent Jones).  Ironically, Jim's best years were the two he was GL co-head. His Days stints ruined Days and helped ruin soaps. Pam was also never successful on another show. Her final six month story on SFT was bad, not horrid, but bad.  OLTL was a mess and SB was unwatchable before she took over and nothing changed.  She needed to go.

• Members

A gossip magazine writeup for Melinda Fee from October 1973 mentions that Tracy/Charlotte's death was leaked beforehand to the press - she was meant to die in October from a car crash. They didn't know if this was going to change GL's plans, but suggested it wasn't likely.