DAYS: Discussion for the month of September

^^ Yes, there have been rumors for years that BD is leaving. At this point, his character is treated like the village idiot. I'd rather see Lucas off the canvas than see Days ruin his character more than they already have.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Come on Meredith, kill Rafe! We know you can do it, we're behind you :P

I like the idea of Arianna and Sami becoming enemies. Could be a classic rivalry in the making...

Mia was rather underwhelming. I like the character and the actress, but somehow I think she could have notched it up a couple of iota. Maybe tomorrow...

• Members

I wish Sami would grow her balls back. This "weeping willow" thing she has going on really grates on me. She's turning into her mother, damsel in distress. The Sami I remember, and *much* prefer, would have told Chloe what a skank whore she was (instead of politely telling her Lucas needed to see her), then went home and made Arianna eat her words. Yet, all we seem to get is Sami standing around close to tears half the time, letting the world put her down. This is definitely something that should be rectified, I mean while DAYS is in comeback mode.

• Members

Lucas has ALWAYS been a village idiot.

and pleas,e kill Arianna right after!

I disagree. I like it. I dont think shes a weeping willow at all. I loved her laying it down to Lucas. I think that once she finds out about the swap bitch on heels will be back in full force. But using those two example - going off on Chloe infront of Lucas would not have helped and she kenw that. it showed a maturity that past writers have tried hard to do and failed. And as for Ari, Sami's still heartbroken and upset. Besides, Sami of old would always hatch some stupid plan And then when that plan fails she cries and blames carrie and john for everything and acts like shes 5. No thanks,ill take this over that anyday.

• Members

True, it would not have helped, but I don't buy that she wouldn't say a word to her. Although those are just two examples, Sami has been unrecognizable for quite a long time, ever since Sheffer's regime. Sami may have been drowning in tears after her failed attempts to get her way in the past, but at the very least she was able to pick herself up and pummel through. Not so much now. I think it's great she has matured, but if that justifies her losing her edge, then I prefer the Sami I am used to.

• Members

co-sign.

Todays show was much better than yesterdays. I felt Mia and Chad had excellent scenes, particularly Chad. Yesterday was flat with them, but today they bought it, and I bought Mia's pain and Chad's shock/pain.

Henderson sighting! Victor/Daniel/Chloe lame though.

I quite like Meredith now - I hope she makes Rafe suffers before he gets rescued. Rachel Kimsey was quite bad in her first mini-run, but she has amped up her performance this time. Its nice to see her being more versatile than boring Mac on Y&R.

Could Rafe be more wooden in his dream sequence? "Sami, your baby is alive, you want two sugars or three in your tea, Nicole switched them at birth, theres a chip in your front door veneer, you had someone elses baby, its easily fixable -lemme get my tools". Seriously? I feel like he's the new John Black, and thats not a good thing.

Dunno why but I enjoyed Ari and Sami together - as enemies they would be cool, but this works for now too...

• Members

Sheffer did more damage to Sami than JER ever could of dreamed of doing. And thats saying a lot.

But i really do like where the current PTB have taken her. I like her right now more than i have in a very, very long time. I just dont see anything to her be Sami Brady Bitch about at the moment. Ever Ari going off on her. And esp after watching todays episode i see why she didnt. However when she finds out what Nicole did i fully expect a bitch attack like even Sami has never done before. I do think she has been de-edged, but just for right now. Well for like a year now but its understandable with everything shes has going on. And she has had her classic Sami moments. Like when she went at with EJ, and just lkast week when she went off on Lucas. Its there, its just not the mainstay of her character. I like that. I would rather have a mature sami with edge her and there in her 30's than watch this mother of four in her 30's act 14.

I think maybe yesterdays end scenes between fell flat because i dont think either has ever had to do the shock, confrontation, shock, hold for a fadeout. lol. that seems to be one of the hardest things for newbies to learn on soaps and plenty of vets cant even do it. But i do feel like all the scenes played out well. I loved them. Iam assuming Mia is gonna find out Will told Sami too and flip the hell out.

I like Kimsey, always have. She has been great as this loony toon whack job. lol.

I would have loved the ari/sami scenes if FT were still in the role.

• Members

ive been wondering that too. They were doing such a good job using her too, but then again Stepahnie has been offscreen for a bit now so maybe thats why because they only use Caroline in the Stepahnie/Philip story and when Sami needs her.

But i am very pleased with all this Maggie stuff we have had.

• Members

As a former long time fan who stopped watching for most of the 2000's I have to say that right now I am loving the show. I love the pace, the characters and the storylines. Can't understand why people are still bitching. The show is currently the best it has been for many years.

re: Sami, surely the whole point is that her character needs to grow. I for one would be sick of seeing her constantly scheming and never maturing which is what she is doing esp with the way she spoke to Chloe.

• Members

Sami falling for EJ was the worst thing that could have happened to the character as far as I'm concerned. When Sami was telling Rafe what she did to Alan after he raped her my mouth dropped. I just don't get how TPTB who acknowledged that EJ raped Sami, could put them back together and try to create a great 'romance' out of it... She shoots her first rapist in the groin. She carries two children for, and falls in love with, a man who held her at gunpoint and threatened to kill her child's father if she didn't have sex with him.

Archived