DAYS: Discussion for the month of September

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Carly returns October 2nd. No info on Vivian yet.

I was surprised by that too! Why would Victor be dealing drugs? He surely doesn't need the money (is the economy hitting Titan Industries/Kiriakis Enterprises that badly?). Did Victor deal drugs in the 80's?

• Members

Victor was a drug kingpin in the 80's among other things. I think it works fine and it's very in character.. I know some bring up the Brady issue but I really don't see the problem. Victor would never want anyone in his family touched by drugs but that doesn't mean he can't be involved in the business of selling them. The Kiriakis business has always been two-sided. You have the up and up side (Titan) and the shady, illegal side (which is what the show is finally focusing on again after years of merely hinting at it or ignoring it). Over the past year or so, we keep hearing both the Kiriakis and Dimera families mentioning shipments and having business to take care of on the pier and elsewhere. What did people think was going on? They certainly weren't transporting shipments of Doritos and dealing them? :lol:

I'm just glad Victor and Stefano are finally being returned to form and not in a way where they are these supreme uber-villains. I like them better in the realistic way they are being portrayed.

• Administrator

Oh, I love it that Victor's dealing drugs and it's good to know that he did it in the 80's also. I'm glad DAYS isn't afraid to say, "Yeah, Victor is dealing drugs, so what!" You know unlike GH with Sonny/Jason where they have this "no drugs" policy and they're suppose to be mobsters. What a joke.

Yeah, so now Victor knows about Arianna. Can't wait to see what happens next.

I like both....both can be fun. I loved Stefano's in the 90's (well, Reilly's Stefano, not SSM or Langan's Stefano). Speaking of Victor/Stefano, I miss their scenes together. I wonder if Stefano knows about Victor's drug dealing. Was Stefano ever into drugs in the 80's?

• Members

i love the twist of Victor being behind the drugs. It fits well into his character, IMHO, both going off history and his current self. Hes a SOB who does what he does. Yes he loves his family, and yes Brady is a recovering addict.... but that doesnt mean he wont be behind the scenes pulling in the cash flow of drugs in salem. I also live the Arianna twist, to bad we are stuck with a mediocre actress now.

Gosh, Suzanne Rogers is just perfection. I could watch her all day. I love that Maggie has taken on this role in the town of the person to go to - nathan, melanie, mia, will, brady, even daniel and lucas...

As much as i hate Hope... i kind of like her and Justin.

• Members

I couldn't agree more. Days has never tried to make Victor and Stefano look like the "good guys" the way GH does. Although, I will say that very few times as Days actually acknowledged that Victor and Stefano do engage in that kind of business. I honestly can't remember if it's ever been said on air that Stefano is involved with it. One can say it's implied. I mean, we know Stefano smuggles illegal goods in. That much is clear. Stefano came on much the same way as Victor did in the 80's so I would say he most likely was into the drug business too. The show actually came right out and said Victor was in the 80's but with Stefano I can't be sure but based on what has been implied and the character's early history, I would say he is.

I would think Stefano knows all about all aspects of Victor's dealings since they are business competitors.

• Members

I think they hinted at Tony (or whoever the hell he was!) and Peter dealing in drugs in the mid-90's without being completely specific about it.

Ditto on loving Stefano's villainy in the 90's (Reilly era of course. Once Stefano was granted a pardon for saving Roman's life in late 1997, it was all downhill... satellites, remote-control Vivian, etc.)

I don't mind Victor dealing in drugs... but what I don't get is why is he such a heartless @$$hole!?! He has become so bitter, heartless, rude, vindictive, spiteful. I mean seriously Victor, you think Caroline will ever jump back in the sack with you if you're being such a prick?

God forbid Victor ever sees lil 6-year-old Ciara doing dance moves to a Britney Spears video, he'd call her a cum-guzzling whore right to her face!!

• Members

I'm sorry, but I got a serious chuckle out of this.

Victor and Arianna being linked to drug dealing is a nice twist, and gives me hope that Nicole and Brady might still be end game. I assume Arianna dealing drugs was the big secret Emily learned before her death. When this is all revealed, it should get nasty as given Brady's demons, I'm hoping we'll get some good scenes from Martsolf. I was kind of disappointed we didn't get to actually see the Craig/Brady confrontation.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I feel like the Kiriakis/Dimera feud is about to be revisited again. Based on the return of Vivian, I cannot see how the Kate/Victor/Stefano triangle will not become a quad with each of the men pair offing with each others exes. There is a lot of potential to be mined there. There has to be more to Vivian than just being a Carly antagonist. They wouldn't have wanted to sign her for three years if that was the case. They've been playing the Kate/Victor/Stefano element on and off for the last year and I have to wonder if they were looking for Sorel to return to fully commit to it.

I will say that since Stefano has returned from his diabetes induced coma there has been a balance of cruel villain I remember in the 1990s and the Asa Buchanan-lite that Higley was penning earlier. I like that there seems to be more shading now than in either of the two incarnations. He shouldn't be a super villain, but his name should hold some power and he shouldn't be against using fear and intimidation. With that said, he can still have soft spots for Kate and his family. Everyone has an Achilles heel.

While I can understand, to an extent, those who are angry that Maggie is playing den mother to a bunch of non-Hortons, I cannot help of thinking about Nancy Curlee's quote about needing a Nancy Hughes like character that the audience will see and know everything is all right. She is a shelter from the storm and whenever she is comforting someone, I feel like everything is going to be all right.

On the other hand, I'm glad Molly Burnett played Melanie as in a state of shock when Maggie said it was all right if Melanie and Nathan jumped into the sack. I felt that was a bit much, but I think Maggie's blessing of their relationship was nice.

I had to laugh when Hope and Bo first saw Justin again saying how it had been so long since they had seen him. Wasn't Justin in town with Adrienne in 2007-2008 just never seen? I got that it was more written for Alfonso, Reckell, and Kurth, but I still felt it was a bit of a stretch.

Justin was in the right place at the right time for Hope. I like the potential of Hope and Justin if the show does decide to split Bo and Hope up because of the rift in their marriage. There was a really great line this week which made me realize how committed the show has been to the Bo and Hope tension. During the spat over Dean getting the reward money, Hope said something along the lines of "It's always about you being in control, isn't it?" This really has been the conflict playing out between Hope and Bo since Higley came aboard, though I don't think its necessary been played to its full potential. When Hope was suspended from the force, it was because Bo, the highest ranking officer on the scene, hadn't okayed her to fire her weapon.

Anyway, here's to hoping for a Carly/Justin/Bo/Hope quad and a Stefano/Kate/Victor/Vivian quad overlapping because of the ties that will keep them together.

• Members

Actually, Carly's first scene was with Justin. He saw her sunbathing topless on the beach (I think in Tahiti) when he and Adrienne were on their honeymoon after their second wedding. Originally, she stayed with them when she came to Salem.

Victor was a real mobster in the 80s--and he was the best. He was not only a drug dealer, he was guilty of a host of crimes, including espionage. At one point he was even considered a threat to national security. He kidnapped Kayla and tried to kill RoJohn, Bo and Shane at various points. And, yes, it was very different then the absurdity on GH with Sonny and Jason--the men of honor.

Steve

• Members

Ok so I wonder if Stefano, instead of drugs, is in the business of importing diamonds or something *blackhat* along those lines? I seem to remember a scene where Stefano and EJ were attacked on the pier by some South American drug lord who was making an exchange of rare, priceless diamonds. Then there was something in the 80s where he was trying to get his hand on a prism. Just speculating. In any case, the Dimera mansion looks like it costs more than the Kiriakis estate.

Archived