DAYS: Discussion for the month of September

• Administrator

Uh oh, the walls are closing in on Nicole. Glad the writers didn't forget about the Sister.

Ciara was so cute in the previews, whispering to Hope, "It's him." LOL

Yeah, I think it was diamonds too. And under SSM, Stefano was into art (gag me). So Stefano seems to go for the "sophisticated" crime, while Victor likes the down and dirty drug trade. Nice contrast in two powerful men.

The "3 prisms" story? No idea what it's about though, I just remembered the story was called.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I was surprised by that too. Only because it was Roman. I thought she might have been FBI, but I guess she's working for the Salem PD instead.

I was alsos surprised that this Dean story ended so quickly. I would've love to see him stay a bit longer. But I think his purpose was to cause friction in Bo/Hope's relationship.

I loved that! This is the kind of stalling on soaps I grew up watching - thanks to JER of course. LOL Now I wonder how Nicole's going to get busted - Mia's diary perhaps?

• Members

As frustrating as it is, I very much prefer the slow-pacing as well, even better when you go spoiler-free I find. That's a good question. Maybe Mia will have a change of heart and come clean on her own? That still wouldn't explain how they would find out the baby is Sami's. My speculation is the *initial* switch is revealed, so everyone thinks the baby is Mia's, then much later down the road they discover it is Sami's.

• Administrator

It really is better spoiler-free. I will never understand the concept of spoilers at all. If I wanted to "read" something, I'd go read a book. LOL

Ohh...I like that idea! It's another way to continue the storyline for a little while longer. Thinking like JER, I would have Sami discover her baby is alive in either November Sweeps or during Christmas (you know how JER loved "Christmas miracles"). And it would resemble Marlena, Sami's mother, getting Belle back on Christmas Eve 1993. Also, the person who finds out the truth and hands the baby back to Sami would be Rafe (since he's the one investigating Nicole), and you build on the Sami/Rafe relatioship. The scene could be like Sami's thinkig of Grace (maybe at the Horton ornament hanging), it would've been Grace's first Christmas........and then Rafe walks in with Sydney. Okay so after that, what's the next beat, the next arc? LOL

• Members

LOL gee I miss those JER Christmas'. Well I must confess, in my breakdown, Sami/EJ are the endgame hehe. So, I would have the Mia part of the switch revealed first. Nicole loses everything, as well as the adoption being rendered illegal, so she is forced to give Sydney to Mia. Distraught, Nicole has a breakdown and ends up kidnapping the baby. Everyone is frantic looking for her(cat and mouse ensues...facilitating Ari's maternity leave). Meanwhile, Brady is the one who finds them and convinces Nicole to bring the baby back (preferably around Christmas), which is handed over to Mia. This adds fuel to the Mia/Chad/Will triad. Meanwhile, Nicole, at this point town pariah, tries her hardest to keep the truth about the baby from coming out as she tries to win EJ back. Part of her plot is trying to convince EJ of her "fragile" mental state to keep him from finalizing the divorce.

EJ has by now acknowledged his real feelings for *Samawwntha*, who is committed to working things out with Rafe. Nicole nearly succeeds in making EJ believe the loss of her baby sent her into a breakdown. However when Sami and Rafe get engaged, EJ plots to stop the wedding from happening. In the midst of this, EJ is the first to find out Sydney belongs to he and Sami, and that Nicole was behind it all. He denounces her once and for all and speeds up the divorce. After obtaining proof on Sydney, EJ races to stop the wedding to reveal to Sami their child is ALIVE. Just in time for those famous JER May sweeps!

• Administrator

Yo, that's pretty awesome....except for the Sami/EJ endgame of course. :P I can't get over the rape. In my story, I had Nicole kidnapping the baby too (and using Ari's maternity leave was a good idea) but I didn't come up with a reason why yet, so I like the breakdown idea. The problem with EJ rushing to stop the Sami/Rafe wedding is Sami/Rafe are a rootable couple and Rafe's not the bad guy. If Rafe was somehow the bad guy, it would make EJ stopping the wedding more vital. Even if EJ revealed Sydney was Sami's at the wedding, why wouldn't she marry Rafe anyway?

But man, you out-JER'd me by stretching it out to May!! I like that. LOL So it would be about a span of 16 months when the baby switch took place to Sami finding out the truth. 16 months! That's beautiful and a great long term story!

Archived