ALL:WORST DAYTIME COP/DETECTIVE

• Members

The days of Robert Scorpio on GH and Cruz Castillo on Santa Barbara are long over. Sadly the Keystone Cops of daytime here...They couldn't find their butts if their hands were handcuffed behind their backs, let alone solve a case.

ATWT-Margo Hughes Jack Snyder

GH-Mac Scorpio Lucky Spencer

AMC-Jessie Hubbard Derek Frye

Guiding Light-Mallet Frank Cooper

Young & Restless-Paul Williams

OLTL-Bo Buchanan Sometimes known as Dumbo John McStinky McBain

DOOL-Bo and Hope Brady 2nd Roman Brady

B & B?

Other

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a pretty decent list. Roman "What da hell Shami" Brady is especially clueless and always seems über perplexed. Hope shoots relatives, and B&B's only detective, Lt. Baker can pretty well ensure that a Forrester can get away with anything.

• Members

LMAO! I think it's easier to come up with the few good cops on daytime, than it is to list the worst ones.

Ryan Harrison on AW was a damn fine cop. Not nearly as Keystone as others. But even he still had his moments.

• Members

I think Jesse Hubbard is horrible because he's a fraud. Here he is, the chief of police, yet it seemed like all he did was work for Ryan, being there at his every beck and call.

Anna Devane was horrible, but it was because she was just ineffectual. She couldn't solve that Proteus case for anything!

Derek wasn't bad -- it's just that nobody ever gave him any information to go on. People just took matters into their own hands. Back in the day, he, Trevor and Mimi used to be pretty damn good cops.

• Members

LOL, I knew when I saw R Sinclair's name on this thread that Jesse Hubbard would be making an appearance on this list. I'm not gonna argue with that. If Pine Valley were in NJ, Jesse would already be arrested for corruption.

For consideration, though, I would like to suggest John McNostril on OLTL, who seems to "fall in love" with every female he is assigned to pwotect fwom da big, bad world. I say "fall in love" because it is impossible to get a flicker of emotion from the comatose Michael Easton.

Bumbling cop (and marble-mouth extraordinaire) #2 must be FauxRoman on Days. Quite apart from the fact that he can barely read perps their rights in a coherent fashion, Hairpiece is about five years behind professional evil-doers like the DiMeras and Kiriakises. Which means he must be friggin mentally-challenged when you consider that, Victor excepted, the members of these two crime families are hardly brainiacs.

Best cops: Robert Scorpio. Duke Lavery & Anna Devane (on GH). Damn. Remember when GH actually portrayed law-enforcement officials sympathetically and with intelliegence?

• Members

I know he wasn't a cop but he was doing the law-enforcement thing (before the mob gunned him down) and solving mysteries and thwarting bad guys alongside Anna and the FSB. I hesitate adding Frisco to the list as I always thought he was a pup behind the lions who were Sean and Robert. So yeah, I would agree that Sean and Robert were tops.

• Members

Natalia.

And to make Jesse even worse, when she starts asking questions showing some intelligence, he scolds her like a child, takes her off the the case and sends her "grown behind" home. :rolleyes: I would love to see how Natalia reacts when she realizes this father she idolized so much that led her to become a police officer, is nothing but a corrupt bitch with a stank ass attitude.

What is it with Pine Valley? People who've been "dead" for years come back to life and hop into the top cop position within six months? First Anna, now Jesse?

I'll never forget one of my favorite lines when Anna practically burned down David's cabin after hacking into David's computer:

David: What the hell were you doing?!

Anna: I told you I was investigating you!

David: You call that shoddy work investigating?!

Archived