Y&R: Episode discussion for week of July 27

• Members

Yep. It felt like the 90s where they had budgets to do those location shoots. The actress who plays Brooke is a good rider and it made it that much more effective. I loved them cutting between the wedding and the horse. Built the tension nicely. I don't even care about these characters, but I wanted Brooke to get to that wedding.LOL.

Plus it was fun and a bit campy. Much better than Sharon inexplicably finding herself watching Nick make more false promises to Phyllis while standing behind a tree. I understand Ridge is similar to Nick in that regard, but at least it was soapy and fun. You could see the cheering sections for Brooke and Ridge and Taylor and Ridge clearly on the show and I even liked Felicia taking away Steffi's phone.

One show and I know who these characters are already, so I guess the transition would be easy. Now they just need the Likey carrot. :D

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I think Y&R is still beautifully produced.

But, with all the darkness and sadness, I have an idea...

You know how some fanbases do those ridiculous mail-ins? Like sending batteries to 'Save the Light', or ... I don't know...tampons to "Stop the Bleeding at General Hospital"...type stuff?

We could mail in anti-depressants to CBS/Bell. Elavil, Prozac, Abilify...just mail that sh!t in to save our show!

• Members

Again, even though these stories had some lasting effects, we should have known this was going to be the tone with this current writing regime when they started off with a double murder and Nikki degrading herself in front of Victor in Mexico.

Hallow darkness and depression is just the style of this particular regime, just like how any other HW has their style. It's not something that's going to be altered significantly unless this writing regime is fired. If that is unlikely, we're unlikely to ever see any real changes on this show.

• Members

Does anyone else feel sad that Noah's role in his parents' life has been reduced to thinking they're pathetic losers and begging them not to get back together because they will just hurt more of their children?

For many years, Y&R let us know that no matter what, Sharon and Nick were good parents to Noah. He was a happy child.

Now, his parents are both toxic waste, they have no idea what they want and yet every time they change their mind they act like this is the last time. And the show uses Noah as a sop for the audience, as a way for viewers to think, "OK, well someone is saying what needs to be said." And this is all in the same context as bringing Cassie back to tell us Sharon and Nick and their miracle baby belong together. Using this child as a reason for Sharon and Nick to be together.

The show wants it both ways, but nothing in the actions of Nick or Sharon has warranted any type of desire to see them happy, together or apart. When I see what they've done to their son, I'm sad that they are even getting another chance at a child.

• Members

Yes, I complained about this months ago. He's only ever used for that reason on the show anymore. Since we hardly see him too, everything about him seems to come out of left field.

I agree, very manipulative storytelling.

Yeah, especially when the last thing both needed was a kid at this point on their lives when they're so screwed up. Sharon's pregnancy seemed like the cliche way out. I think they did it to please two fanbases. Nick renewing his vows to Phyllis to placed the Phick fans, and Sharon carrying Nick's spawn to please the Shick fans. Two very vocal fanbases.

But in the long-run, this type of storytelling is destorying all of these characters and they're all very overexposed. This quad storyline has been going on in some form for 4 years straight already, and always on the frontburner. It's time to move on with these characters and attempt to spin them in different directions, after a needed resting period of course.

• Members

I thought Noah had a low opinion of his mother during the LML years and he prefered Phyllis over her, despite the fact that she helped break up his family. Though, Noah was a way for LML to prop Phyllis during the time.

If this is all he is going to be used for then sorasing him was a waste. I hope he and Abby will be used more in the future. Noah saying what the audience has been saying is the writers way of telling the audience "we know the writing sucks for these people but since we acknowledge that it's okay to keep telling crappy stories for them."

On the bright side I did find this link saying some of the same things we have: http://serialdrama.t...raise.html#more

The Jt and Victoria responses are my favorites.

Warning: Tammin fans don't read.

• Members

cara mia boy do you have MAB nailed except I would add Chloe/EH to that favorites list. IMO she will eventually get Billy when MAB sees that her golden boy, BM isn't in a hot and popular paring. IMO she wants a Lane, Shick, Phick type pairing for him the type that has buzz. She thought BAC would do it because of their aforementioned popularity in the past but its not translating in the present. I feel like perhaps she wasnt getting the type of response that she wanted from Chilly and CF is a 'name'. However its clear BAC is not getting the response ptb want. So I'm not even looking twice at Chance and Chloe cause I'm positive she's going back to Billy. Is there any reason why they're not talking about divorce? Not to mention MAB called BM the star of the summer in SID, so yeah I rest my case.

I also think while DH and CK stock must have gone up with these current storylines, her bias is still clear in the writing. Lily gets her man but he's a con. They reunite but he's known that billy was the father all along. She gets to marry him but gets to lose her uterus in the process. Yep its only the fanbase that's keeping them afloat and even then her true feelings is still showing up in the writing. So while some may see it as appeasement of fanbases, what makes you think much of those fanbases like what's been throwing against the wall? JC is a vet and she's getting mucho airtime and story which is good but how Mab's treating jill as a comparison is criminal. She's only there to play meanie to her poor mother, Billy and even bleh, Phillip.

• Members

The only good thing about Deacon coming is that we finally heard something about Amber's past on B&B. I still don't get how people find this guy charming? All I see is sleaze and everytime he smirks I just want to hit him upside down the head and hope he dies.

That's why I hated most of Adam's storylines during and after the Victor in Mexico time When Micheal was telling Victor what has happened when he was away he conviently forgot to tell him that Neil handed control over to Victoria (because he couldn't handle his job and CEO responsibilities) and she fired Adam and kicked him off the ranch. He(and Jack) was the only one who thought Victor was alive because he sometimes would run away when times got hard. You think his own family would know that, but I think (I'm not entirely sure) Victoria said she knew he wasn't dead even though she was acting like he was.rolleyes.gif When he got control of Newman I wasn't bothered by the fact that he fired both Victoria and Neil. I think they made Adam make mistakes an idiot somewhat business (despite having a Harvard degree) was to prop Victoria. Then there was Victor forgiving Nictoria and the obvious plot point of Victoria denying Adam's plea for a job in order to make him form that aliance with Jack.

Despite the fact that Adam was raised by Hope and Cliff, he ends up most like Victor.

I know that the critics didn't like Adam until the character was in jail, but I liked him just fine before.

It doesn't help that I can't stand Nick or Victoria.

I like EH, but with the inconsitencies in Chloe's story, sometimes I get the feeling they made her Kate just to keep her around.

Welcome

• Members

I agree with a lot of what's be said here. Stories area rushed and barely satisfying. Surely TPTB and writers must know how crappy the show has become. Lily had a complete hysterectomy during a commercial break. Phyllis went from not trusting Nick to agreeing to marry him in a day.

I can't follow the gas lighting story from day to day. Honestly have no idea what's going on there.

I will admit to being shallow enough to have enjoyed Joshua Morrow's hotness. Say what you will about the vows and the renewal ceremony but JM was FINALLY smiling again. I just held on to that. Even if you hate everything about the show, at least Joshua's dimpled pearly whites are something to enjoy. And, I did.

• Members

Well I went out of town for three weeks

when I left Nik was house hunting with Sharon, when I got back he flipflopped

did a serious backstroke and was renewing his vows professing love Phyllis in the park..

I was seriously doing a WTH? sam-hell happened here

I know Sharon lied about the paternity because she felt that he was needed by Summer...

but at the CBS forum I was reminded about the history of

Summer's paternity w/Jack so

I don't know what's happening...

I know my Tom B acting is not all there which I don't understand why he's not being coached

I still like him but I don't like the script writing (dialog) is a bit bizarre

for such a big story for Y/R (which has nothing to do with his performance)

oh well let me get back I have about 12 more eppys to catch up on.

I thought the gas lighting was over and one thing I just don't like this stgory its a little to sick to continue

I got the idea lets move on...the thought of her carrying a dead baby all this time is really really icky to me

sick twisted macabre morose..so I'm not liking this story.

Y/R is beginning to remind me of GH

Archived