ATWT: July Discussion Thread

• Members

I watched today's show and it really wasn't too bad. I still hate the new formatting (building a whole act around Hunter/Alison and jumping time). I'm sure ATWT fans are used to it by now, but it's far too jolting for me to get used to. I hate the incest angle, but thought the guy who plays Hunter played it really well. And I've always loved Kelley, and I'm glad to see her front-burner.

The Jack/Carly stuff was really good. Still not buying Lindstrom as Craig, but he fit in just fine with Pinson/Park/West. He's kind of like ATWT's version of Jamie Luner, who is doing a fine job as "a" Liza, but is in no way "the Liza Colby". Lindstrom would be fine playing any other character, in this romance with Carly. But he's not Craig Montgomery to me.

It was definitely a better episode of ATWT than I'm used to. Not perfect, but definitely more watchable than the last few episodes of ATWT I have caught.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL...no I still hate the format of the show. It wasn't quite as noticable maybe today, but the two-story set up bores the heck out of me. I nearly fainted yesterday when Craig had a conversation with his sister, and the story bubbles broke for about five minutes.

At least Luner is pleasant to look at. All I see when I look at Lindstrom is the receeding hairline and the thick, Andy Rooney-ish eyebrows. Shallow, I admit. But damn...someone needs to get those caterpillars off his face. :lol:

Pinson's hair...hate it. And even if I could accept the color, hairstyling has arbitrarily decided not to do anything but flat iron it. It's not a flattering look for an older woman. I don't like it on Emily either.

I'm not crazy about Carly's story---but Maura certainly does what she can with it. Today's little meltdown was almost a relief in some ways---it wasn't Carly at her best, but at least she had some fire in her. This crap where she runs everything by Craig is just not Carly.

• Members

I'm really far behind on my episodes, but I have to drop in to say that Austin Peck really sucks. He is killing me in these scenes where Vienna lost the baby. He may be the worst actor on ATWT right now (imo). At least the worst who gets tons of airtime.

• Members

Austin's had his moments...but they were back when Carly was "dying" and Brad grew a brain for like five minutes. I don't think the story did him any favors, because Brad was stuck having to support Katie and her lame, self-serving "grief". I think it sucks that TIIC are so focused on Katie's character, they won't allow her to be a supporting character in that story. Henry and V should have been the focus, and they got about ten seconds to grieve as a couple before they were off holding Katie's hand AGAIN.

And speaking of "eye things"...whatthefuck is it with Cady McClain and the way her eyes flutter during scenes?? It's f-in distracting at times.

• Members

I completely agree I'm really sorry to be going so far back, I'm very determined to catch up by this weekend, but I just have to say my piece on this story. Even though Vienna is not a legacy character I prefer her to Katie. I wish they would relate Vienna to the Hughes clan in some way, since I miss that family (It's past time to bring back Frannie or Andy. Hell, I'll even take Sabrina at this point). Anyway, this baby story accomplished one thing for me, which is a new found appreciation for Vienna.

Katie is an incredibly selfish character. I wanted to slap her many times through this baby story, but at least TC didn't pull me out of the story the way AP did. He shows absolutely no depth. TC can be uneven, but at least she can bring it when it counts, even if I think Katie is an annoying hypocrite. I rarely think about the acting when it comes to ATWT. I try to take it as it is, since we may not have much longer anyway, but everyone else in that baby at least seemed to take the critical parts of that story seriously and did what they could with it, while AP came of as a ridiculous frat boy.

I'm pretending the whole kidnapping story doesn't exist because I feel like Paul has kidnapped Eliza at least 100 times by now. It's like being in some strange time loop.

• Members

I completely agree, I found a new appreciation for EdC and Vienna in that story. I hate that Ewa and Trent are stuck in the vortex of SUCK that is Katie. I think it would have been nice (not to mention redeeming) to see Katie being the supportive friend during Vienna's pregnancy, but alas and alack, Pissy can't shift her mental gears.

On to today...FABULOUS day!! And I really can't believe I'm saying that. Even the Riley story was good, which I've been less than enthused about. Maybe it's the simple fact they mentioned HAL today that buttered me up, but I think I'm buying the family-ness of the story, at least while Casey is freed from Alison, and Riley is able to talk about wanting to be a part of the family.

And the Carly/Ro stuff was pretty much amazing. As annoyed as I was with Ro's Paul-centric return, now that she's in scenes with her sister, practically begging for time with Carly, I freaking love seeing her put the pieces together, confront Craig and be horrified to find bottles of vodka stashed everywhere. And enough can't be said about the way Maura plays Carly's teetering emotional state.

I find Lindstrom an emotional void...but that's just me. :)

• Members

I loved today's show. I actually thought Adam was going to tell Tom who he really was. I like the whole Hughes drama. I wish they would include Bob, Kim and Lisa on it too.

First of all...Cady's outfit...lol...she looked like a bag lady...my gawd was it awful...she looked dirt poor....LOL I did love the Ro and Carly scenes. The scenes with Ro at Fashions was hilarious. But when Ro found all those bottles of booze and then the solo shot of them was priceless/so damn funny. Carly is busted.

Too bad tomorrow is preempted for Jacko...ugh!

• Members

Today's show was great, and I can't believe I'm actually saying that about this show! :P

I enjoyed every single moment, and I can't remember when that happened last. Too bad that next episode could be complete crap. It's usually how this show operates nowadays. Brilliant one day and horrible the next.

But until then I'll enjoy what I saw today.

Ellen Dolan is really doing a fantastic job in this Riley/Adam story. Margo may be acting like a fool, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with Ellen's acting. The scenes she had with Tom and Riley at the police station were great.

Cady and Maura also did some great stuff today. It was very soapy, and highly enjoyable, when Rosanna found that first bottle under the sofa, and then in record time found bottle after bottle just by opening a few cupboards. Carly didn't do a very good job in hiding her supplies, did she? :D

And on a sidenote: when was the last time Tom and Luke had a scene with each other? Character interaction on ATWT? Doth my eyes deceive me? :P

• Members

I'm not sure it said "bag lady", but it was a far cry from her monochromatic numbers that used to drive me nuts. Her wardrobe used to consist of black, white and tan. I used to wish Carly would slap her upside the head and introduce her to the wonders of blue, red, yellow, green...heck, maybe even a paisley print!

What got me was that hair! It was braided and looped up like a Swedish milkmaid! Don't get me wrong, I liked it...but damn, it probably took a crew to get it that way! LOL!

I felt bad for Maura, having to get down on her knees at eight months pregnant (or so) and then try and rise gracefully after stuffing that bottle back under the couch. What's hilarious is that if Jack had started at the other end of the kitchen last week after Parker told him Carly was still drinking, he would have nearly drowned in vodka.

I think Tom and Luke might have been physically in scenes together, but I'm not sure they'd ever spoken more than a few words to each other.

Archived