ATWT: July Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh, that Meg/Dusty/Paul/Damien story is definitely the weak part of the show right now. Damian should not be anywhere near it, because I don't hate him...I hate everyone else. What it does is perpetuate this fantasy that Meg would have three men falling all over themselves for her. Seriously??

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At some point, Ro and Paul (or Craig, I'm not completely sure) decided that the only way to truly protect Cabot from James was to have him be adopted in secret in like a foreign country or something. I'm not even sure Rosanna knows exactly who has him---just that the people who would place him with a couple was completely trustworthy.

• Members

I thought today's show was outstanding. Besides the Noah nonsense and Jake's awful acting ...I thought the show was brilliant. I lobster loved the scenes at the end with Rosanna and Jack.

• Members

Why can't my show be this. damned. good. every day?

Okay...maybe not this good, because we all know stories have ebbs and flows. But like, even 50% of this good would be a VAST improvement on the crap I've waded through for quite a while.

The entire Carly story feels so classic...it's like Doug Marland forcibly took over Gouty and/or Pissy and wrote a compelling climax to a story that will springboard the characters into new directions. Not just a completely "new story" that has nothing to do with what they've been doing for the last six months.

Sure...Nuke was on, but TIIC had to put some other story on. <BEG>

• Members

I kept thinking the same thing.

I agree. It did "gulp" have that Marland feel to it. Jack not wanting to be with Carly yet he did. Janet arguing with Jack about Carly. Parker worried/concerned about his mom. Janet trying to keep the awful truth from Parker. Carly just totally passing out and rushed to the hospital. And those words Rosanna told Jack...."She needs us to help her...."...

The only bad writing was the whole you have never judge me Holden crap...Holden judged her from day 1....anyways..a good script from Gordon Rayfield.

• Members

The Carly stuff was great, and I'm really enjoying Rosanna now that she's away from Paul! What a difference a change in company can do! :P

The whole Noah burning his father's stuff was ridiculous though. :rolleyes:

And this whole St Damian act is really getting old.

I really liked Luke during his coming out story, and I even enjoyed him with Noah in the beginning, but now I just want him to be rescued from this crap. He deserves better than Noah. Hopefully Forbes March's character can provide that!

Tomorrow looks like an episode straight out of hell though. Dusty, Paul, Meg, Brad and Henry/Geneva all in the same episode! :wacko:

• Members

I wouldn't expect a Forbes March character to bring an oasis of good acting, or the show to know how to introduce a new character. I'll be surprised if he's still on the show by October, they can't keep anyone around.

• Members

Y'know...it obviously wasn't my favorite part, or even history I cared to recall, but maybe I can see Carly's point now. Since they became friends, he hasn't judged her. Of course, I'm sure if he'd ever said a word about her drinking, that tune would have been different.

The one thing I found totally odd was Lily's near indifferent reaction to Carly's drinking problem. It was like "oh..she does? Let's make out after I spent the afternoon with my ex."

Archived