ATWT: July Discussion Thread

• Members

Good show today! The writing and acting was great overall!

I've never been the biggest Carly fan, but I really liked how most of the scenes tied into one storyline. I wish they would still revisit Carly & Holden...I haven't seen Jon Hensley light up in his scenes for a while.

Julie Pinson nailed expressing Janet's frustration and hurt over Sage telling Jack that he still loves Carly and later on, when Janet demanded why Holden needed to call Jack about his ex.

I don't like Liberty & Parker, but they had good scenes today. I also enjoyed Craig & Rosanna's. Both scenes were very character-driven. Something that has been missing from this show for the most part.

While I lobsterlove Damian, the fact that Luke now goes to him instead of Holden for everything is not believable. That said, I'm praying that today was a hint that they're moving Damian away from Meg and towards Lily.

Lily did act nonchalant when Holden told her that Carly has a drinking problem. Compare her reaction to Janet's when Jack told her that they had to pump Carly's stomach and that definitely makes this scene a WTF moment.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now that you put it that way...I'm even more annoyed at Lily's non-reaction, and Janet's over-the-top OMG reaction, which to me seemed really, really fake.

Welcome back to the thread, SJ and Dusty!

• Members

I think Martha Byrne and Shawn Christian *-might-* have had chemistry...but definitely not Prescott and Beck. That was just uber-gross.

As for this whole Hunter/Em/Ali story...I feel like I should turn off ATWT and watch the sequel to the storyline..."The Hills Have Eyes".

P.J., you have yet to join our lovely discussion about out wonderfully gifted writing regime. I thought you would have gone postal by now...

• Members

I was out of town for nearly a month and have been watching the Damian scenes on YouTube. I've somehow gotten into watching the rest of the show lately, though. Sounds like I've been missed...aww...

Anyone catch Friday's episode? I was surprisingly entertained. The scenes with Brad & Geneva actually made me laugh out loud. :lol: Henry looked like he was about to vomit when Brad suggested that "she" wanted him. LMAO! That "OMG, I can't believe what I'm about to get myself into" expression on Henry's face before Geneva admitted to Brad that he was right about her wanting him. Trent Dawson was fantastic!

Ohhh...I love that Damian basically said that it didn't matter how Meg would react if he tried to take Dusty down. Now, that's the Damian I love!

Paul's an idiot, but I like him. Wish they would put Dusty with Meg, two characters I dislike rather than Dusty & Bonnie.

Previews for next week look gooood!!! :D

• Members

Sigh...there are times I just accept the things I cannot change.

I was just coming to post how much I hated Friday's eppy!! LOL!!! Thank God I didn't watch it live, I think my head would have exploded and been orbiting Mars by now. Somewhere, Doug Marland is rolling over in his grave watching his beloved Kim Hughes "roar" because she's a "lioness". *eyeroll*

Talk about going from the sublime to utter ridiculousness....it couldn't be any more abrupt going from Wed/Thurs's eppys to Friday's. I felt like I was watching a really bad episode of "Bosom Buddies" with the Geneva stuff. (And, if you don't know what "BB" is---you're way to friggin' young...LOL)

• Members
I remember it...LOL I have the seasons on DVD

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Archived