Heeeere's a thought...

• Members

What would you think of...

Stacy Haiduk as Taylor? Sans-RM of course though in an idealized world Ridge would be long in the ground. I think she's prettier and less unhinged than HT, (the former being her own doing, btw.) PLUS - she could really do the moral compass thing as a classy woman. WOULD LOVE TO SEE HER WITH KKL.

Whattya think?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The whole point of some characters on B&B is that they've been played by the same actor for decades. That's the main reson they are there. Recasting them would be pointless. If a new actress were to join the show, it would be much wiser to create a new role for her.

• Members

FIRST - my position of Lesli Kay's message board admin is unrelated to my opinions about anything, and of course my views are not endorsed by Lesli, I'm not pretending to speak for her, OBVIOUSLY.

Secondly: if a woman takes back a man who beat her kids, and does countless publicity stunts, writes a book about her daughter's eye cancer called "Making a Miracle" that ends up being more about herself (is her life the miracle she made? Or is it her post-op appearance?) she loses all my respect.

I've grown tired of the character but mostly the way HT plays it... she was fantastic and gorgeous her first time around, and she was significant to the storyline. Now I just find her painful to watch, and stale.

All opinions, of course, and it's a hypothetical. The question posed by the post is: "WOULD STACY HAIDUK BE ABLE TO PLAY TAYLOR IF GIVEN THE CHANCE."

Just because someone is around a long time doesn't make them the best person for the job... Bush did 8 years right?

• Members

I have an online bud who brought up Lisa Peluso as a possible recast for Taylor. The more I think of it, the more I like it. Peluso would give Taylor layers and an edge that Tylo is just not capable of IMO. Tylo's performances are typically one -dimensional. Peluso knew how to make even the bitchiest, most evil soap villains occasionally sympathetic. Tylo rarely ever brings that to her role as Taylor. In Tylo's hands, Taylor has only ever been 'good' when she's angry and bitchy (like the confrontation at Big Bear where she hounds Brooke because Ridge dumped her. It's when she gives the 'whores of the world' speech).

• Members

Honestly, honestly, and I say this as a former fan, I think it is both the actress and the writing. But if the writing would return to Taylor as strong and stable and smart, Tylo could still pull that off.

• Members
Stacy Haiduk would be Tricia Quick 2.0. Bring on the pasta sauce.

I don't know about you guys, but I've loved Taylor the second time around. This "drugging Ridge" thing is wrong on many levels, but any issue with Taylor should be taken with the writing and dialogue. I accept Tylo and embrace her...chicken dancing and all.

And BTW, tell Christian LeBlanc to take that DAMN finger out of his mouth! There's enough oral action on Y&R without having to see THAT.

• Members

YES!

Viva la chicken dance!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_2_EJogf2A&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_2_EJogf2A&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_2_EJogf2A&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Archived