OLTL: Discussion for the week June 22

• Members

I loved today's show! There was a ton going on with multiple storylines so I didn't get bored with one very easily.

God, I just LOVE Cristian and Layla. :wub: And how kinky was the Schuyler and Kyle stuff knowing what we know? LOL. Schuyler is SO in my top three favorite characters these days.

I thought Dorian and Langston being "proper" was funny and cute. Those clothes were...interesting.

Loved seeing Viki and Charlie, too. :wub: And I think I'm gonna like Greg. I doubt he's as big of a jerk as Shaun describes him to be. PS, I really hope Justin is a Todd/Tea child. REALLY hope.

And I'm sorry, Natalie and Jared were just unbearable today. It's not that I don't understand where she would be coming from if it was a real life situation, but since it's a soap, I just wanna slap her and punch him.

And no Starr and Cole! :o I like them, but yay for giving them a rest.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh Natalie shut up. She really annoyed me today. I get why she doesnt like Gigi but she was extremely nasty today. Rex doesnt need her defending him like that. She was also mad at Gigi for breaking up Shane's home. Um Natalie when was the last time you even visited your nephew who is recovering from cancer. Has she ever even had a scene with him? If they were going to throw her in this story, they should have had her interacting with Rex instead, showing up at his apartment to help him out and watch Shane. Maybe there she would get into fights with Stacy as Stacy tried to get rid of her and Natalie would also try and expose her as the manipulater that she is

I loved Sky today. I didnt get why Gigi was just standing there takign Natalie's abuse when all she had to do was tell her the truth about Stacy. Im so glad Sky opened up his mouth and did what she was too stupid to do

Oh Destiny shut up. Was anyone supposed to feel sorry for her getting fired after she admited to her boss that that she spilled water on club members on purpose and had no remorse?

What was up with Dorian's HORRIBLE hairpiece? Was she still drunk when she put that beaver tail on her head?

• Members

Is Justin the boy who is bullying Matthew and Destini? If Justin bullies the weak and hates women then he has to be Todd's son, doesn't he?

Natalie is just being used to try to make Rex look less repulsive. They don't care how she comes across. Meanwhile, Rex never gives two #$%*) about anything in Natalie's life.

• Members

Well, Tea has a "big secret." And Jack Rovello, who plays Justin, is on contract for some bizarre reason. Sure, there could be other reasons, but putting that kid on contract over Destiny or Becca is peculiar...unless he has a big story in store. What else could they do with him? Have him bully Matthew for three years? And the fact that he has blonde hair (Todd) and is a jerk in the same way as him.

• Members

I'm back watching OLTL to full mainly because Terrell Tilford is so damn sexy! My god! Where did they find him at??? I'm enjoying Layla/Cristian as well and Gigi's hair finally looks good. Still hate the teens with a passion. And then Kyle and Fish are both very stiff actors.

• Members

There's a lot to love on OLTL and I can't believe I am going to say this but the minorities on OLTL are kicking some daytime ass. We have gays, latinos and African-Americans and imo they aren't being used as tokens.

Rachel's re-introduction to Llanview has been handled right. My only complaint is that she didn't have scenes with RJ and Hank but they made up for it by showing the bond she has with her mom. And now she has a story with Shawn and this new doctor. But I am pretty sure I am going to love the new doctor. He's gorgeous and I loved him on Guiding Light.

Markko Rivera and Langston. I like they are finally focusing on them. I've always thought they were the more interesting teens and anything that gives us a break from Starr and Cole is welcome. Markko's parents are Catholic. How often do we get a chance to see a religious perspective.

Kyle and Fish's story is developing nicely. The KAD story was a red herring that hid the tension between these two. I like them so far and I know they aren't core character but sue me I like Fish and enjoy Kyle. I think it was smart to envelope Cristian and Layla into this story. They are wonderful together and I am loving them.

Everything else on the show is working for me except Stacy. I'm liking Gigi with Schuyler but it saddens me because I liked her with Rex. I find myself looking forward to the summer. Then again, I looked forward to last summer and was pretty disappointed.

• Members

I gotta admit the episode started off rather boring, so I fell asleep. However when I did awake, I was wondering what I missed when I spotted Greg introducing himself to the Buchanans and Rachel. From everyone's recaps it seemed to have been pretty good.

A big ITA on OLTL being the daytime soap displaying minorities. I think RC knew he had to include some minorities eventually back on OLTL, it just took him a year to do so. I'm liking what I see so far.

• Members

So Cole and Starr had two episodes off in a row but Markko and Langston were on both those days? I'm liking the switch. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

And here's my reaction to Rex wanting Stacy: :wacko:. Good news though, she hit a new low today: yelling at young, innocent girls and telling them to be strippers!

• Members

Leia -- SO glad to hear someone else loving the show besides me! It hit a rough patch for a while with Cole on drugs, Starr trying to seduce Schuyler and the Gigi/Rex/Stacy triangle but the show has definitely pulled itself out of its mini slump. The diversity, like you mentioned, is extremely impressive, especially since there's more than "just one" Latino family and black characters that aren't one big working class family. Ron Carlivati introduced the Rivera and Evans family the right way and wrote compelling materia lfor all involved. The rest of the show is on a roll too, with the Bo/Nora/Clint story about to take off, Gigi and Rex about to reunite, the baby switch resolved and Viki and Charlie getting engaged. And I'd be lying if I said the upcoming Fish/Kyle story wasn't intriguing me.

Archived