OLTL: Discussion for the week June 22

• Members

Most of his long stories had weak endings, possibly because of Fronsian interference so I think he may have decided to not worry about long term plotting. This is probably for the best, because at least you can get dramatic scenes in the now and not worry about something 6 months from now which may be vetoed anyway.

Soaps should have structure, A and B and C stories, so I do admire OLTL for going back to those roots. I hope at some point, the characters who are on the front burner become more palatable, but for now, there's other stuff to enjoy.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lmao Carl!

They mentioned the fact that Rex was a PI yesterday and I simply rolled my eyes.

You know Jared and Natalie should have known the truth from the get go, it would have saved me from developing a strong dislike for Natalie yet again. WTF is Jared doing getting in the action and trashing Gigi too? Thank god that's all over with for now.

• Members

I'm hoping the next time he says he's a PI, someone adds, "TA".

I haven't watched today's show yet, but going back to earlier shows, so far this story with Dorian and Langston is better than I thought it would be. The execution can be clumsy, but I like that Dorian is not the villain, Marrko's parents are not villains, everyone wants what is best for their children, they just have very different definitions of what is best. This is a good change of pace story for Dorian.

• Members

I think the show has done a good job of explaining why Natalie is so fierce though. She has a strong protective streak, so it doesn't bother me that much when her inner bitch comes out. I was sorry that the rift between Nat and Jess was fixed so soon. I feel like this baby switch story could have been drawn out a bit more. Then it might have made more sense for Nat's protection of Jessica to bring those two together again.

• Members

Have they ever shown Destiny and Shawn's parents? With their brother in town, it would be interesting to see what their whole family dynamic is like since it's obvious that there's tension there. Greg also looks like he could be a half brother, if they made him biracial, yet another bonding moment for the inevitable pairing of him and Rachel (even more fuel for Shawn's hate).

ETA: I don't know if Terrell's wife Victoria Platt made the move back east with him, but could she be the new Evangeline? :P Anyone else remember them from GL? I also remember Victoria from AMC when Noah and Julia were on the lam in Jamaica.

• Members

They have not shown Destiny and Shawn's parents yet. I hope they are alive.

I love the actress that plays Rachel. I'm not sure what it is, but there is just something about her that I find appealing. I think OLTL has done a really good job of introducing the Evan's family. I find all of them likable so far and even though Greg is extremely attractive, I hope Rachel chooses Shawn in the end. It seems like Greg will eventually take Michael's place as Llanview's doctor.

Archived