OLTL: Discussion for the week June 22

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am so glad I'm not the only one who like Cristian/Layla. I even loved the whole cheesy stuck-in-close-quarters thing they had going on a couple of weeks ago.

Oh, and if OLTL goes ahead and makes Matthew and Destiny a full-fledged couple, I would probably bow down to whoever is in charge. That would be 100% new and fresh for daytime.

Once this Stacy stuff winds down and Todd/Blair/their hoes aren't as in-yo-face!!, I might come back full-time.

• Members

Well Rachel did have a few scenes with Hank...he was the one who brought her back to Llanview. But it is a shame that she didn't have any scenes with Uncle RJ, or Hank and RJ together. It's also a shame that they didn't have the whole extended Gannon family (including Nora) together in at least one scene.

• Members

After watching yesterdays and today's episodes I'm really starting to get into this show again. Langston and Markko have so much potential. I find them refreshing after all the drama of Starr and Cole. I also like the twist of Markko's parents being the roadblock in this relationship as opposed to Dorian. The script writer for Wednesday’s episode deserves a gold star for Dorian's line to Markko where she apologized and insulted him at the same time. Telling Markko she was sorry about spilling the beans about him and Langston having sex and then following it up with a sly ding for not realizing that ”not everyone can have as open a relationship as her and Langston” was priceless.

I also really like the character of Greg. It's been a long time since I have been this intrigued by a new character. The fact that the writers are playing the cards close to the vest as to whether or not the good doctor has good or bad intentions is helping. I think there is chemistry between him and Rachel and I love the set up of a possible triangle between Shaun/Rachel/Greg, if that is what they have planned.

Jess and Brody are HOT and so are Cris and Layla and I’m interested to see how the Fish/Kyle thing plays out. I agree that this story would have been more meaningful had it been played out with a “legacy character” such as Joey or C.J., but nonetheless I’m willing to follow the writers on this one.

My only gripe with this show is this whole Stacy/Rex/Gigi mess. Crystal Hunt finally had a scene she could have knocked out of the park when she had her melt down at dance class. Unfortunately, she didn't. Consequently, I feel nothing for this character now. Hopefully they cut the character soon or find another actress to really play this part because IMO in the hands of a skilled actress I could like this character now that the part is finally being fleshed out.

• Members

I'd love that to happen, but I hope it takes a long time. Maybe even a full year.

Oh, how I wish. Joey and Blair would be good. I can work with Blair and nearly anyone but Todd at this point. I fear this contrived forced cohabitation is the set up for one more round of T&B. Blah!

• Members

I don't know if having Joey or CJ in the story would make it more meaningful. Joey hasn't been an important character in over ten years. We've never seen an adult CJ, and when we did see two young adult Sarahs, they were never in any meaningful stories. I think someone at OLTL realized the only way to get this type of story through Frons was to sell it as being a smaller part of a straight romance (Cris/Layla). Then if the story is popular, they can do more. If not, then Fish and Kyle will both vanish, or have quick exits.

I agree that the show's gotten better. If not for horrible Rex/Stacy (and Rex/Gigi), John/Marty, and Todd, I think they'd have a solid program.

I don't think they have any desire to write for Blair as a character in her own right. She's only there to support Todd (or John, when Todd was with Marty).

• Members
I remember Hank and Rachel's scene. I'm a dork, I meant to say what you posted. I wanted to see Rachel with both Hank and RJ.

Both couples are a bit unconventional for daytime but especially Matthew and Destiny. I am so glad that they chose this route. Their all interesting pairings.

Stacy is the only thing that I can't abide. Todd/Blair/Tea is redundant but watchable if they would go in a new direction with them.

They hand-delivered those scenes and she dropped the ball.

I saw Aida Croal's name in the credits.

I love Greg already. I think he has great potential and I love that he is layered.

I am inclined to agree with you. Joey was back temporarily for Asa's funeral. I like the idea of CJ and Sarah but I haven't embraced them as individual characters enough to know if it would add meaning. I realized after two Sarahs that both CJ and Sarah have been off canvas for so long that they are in need of a lot of development.

If the story is written well and the actors involved can handle the material, then I think they will do more. Then again, I also thought they would do more with the BE takeover story with Jared, Natalie, Clint and Dorian.

I couldn't agree more with you. I just hope they continue with the trend and I think this summer's stories "sound" better than last summer's stories.

• Members

I am also enjoying OLTL's B and C stories more than their A stories. Cristian/Leyla, Matthew and Destiny, Shaun/Rachel/Greg and Markko/Langston are very entertaining relationships. Each stories does not get a lot of time, but put together, they have been getting me through the rest of the tedious show.

• Members

Exactly.

Blair is such an underappreciated character & Kassie is way too awesome to be stuck propping Todd/Tea/John/Marty.

But that will never happen since TPTB only keep Blair around to be the third part of contrived triangles.

• Members

So do I and it excites me to think of the coming months. RC usually writes long stories and if that stays true then these B and C stories will eventually become A and B stories, I hope. With that in mind then this show has solid footing for the coming months.

Archived