OLTL: Discussion for the week June 22

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I certainly like her better than Morrow or Grant, and honestly, she may be my favorite Rachel yet, even surpassing Bethea. She doesn't have that... hmm, *slightly* annoying thing Bethea had imo which was like a distant/maybe a little stuck up/"I don't know if I totally get her" vibe. This Rachel seems intelligent, approachable, as well as mentally and emotionally sound.

• Members

I like the way OLTL is writing minority characters right now. I think they have introduced the Evan's family the way characters and especially a new family should be introduced, nice and slow. Then you have the Rivera family, Chris, Rachel and Layla. They are integrated with the rest of the cast, instead of isolated for the most part.

Matthew and Destiny are cuteness! I just love them. It's classic soap, rich boy/poor girl, but in this case she is rescuing him. :wub: I hope the show takes them slowly (and actually follows through).

• Members

I wish some soap would hire Victoria Platt, I thought she was good on GL (with absolutely no writing in her years on that show). I also liked the first Vicky, Karen Williams, whom I remember mostly for her brief appearances on Homicide as the wife Meldrick hurriedly married and then spent several years battling.

Terrell and Victoria were given so little to do on GL, in spite of great potential, I'm glad they at least got something out of it, a happy relationship.

• Members

Wow I can't believe Matthew and Deatiny have been turned around. That's incredible considering how a month ago she was horribly annoying to just about everyone lol. That's great, though. I'll have to sustain bits of Stacy to see this girl. I haven't been able to stomahc much of this show recently.

I was glad Destiny, an unusual soap character, was added to the cast when I saw her initially. I hope more good things come of this.

• Members

Yes, they were terribly underused. Actually, I didn't care about David so much, and he was SO different than Monte, but I was most disappointed in the fizzle of the "Return of the black Spauldings" s/l that Rauch had kinda hyped. I didn't like that they killed off Victoria Sr. (off-screen), and I hoped Vicky would bring along more siblings to go toe-to-toe with their first cousins, Alan and Alex's kids. I thought the first Vicky was spunkier and cuter, but Platt had more of that regal Spaulding thing going on.

• Members

If Destiny were 25 I'd be tearing her apart on these threads, but there is something strangely entertaining about her stilted line delivery and not-quite-there-yet acting. I am willing to watch her grow, she *is* young and certainly an unique presence in daytime. But I am so not ready to see her straddling Matthew's chair and them making out, not only are they babies in my eyes, but what a weird pair they would make... Matthew is so awkward and she shoots right from the hip, they really don't feel like they're on the same page, I just don't see it... yet.

• Members

Indeed, and I think time will better serve any type of story they give the two because Shenell and Eddie will undoubtedly grow and improve. I think a long-term friendship quasi-romantic relationship (she likes him/he doesn't like her/he's starting to like her/she's so over him/he doesn't want her to fall for anyone else/she breaks down because he's messing her with head, he doesn't really like her but loves her adoration-type thing) could be really ineresting to watch. That's some real stuff right there, seen it happen in high school and college.

• Members

I think Eddie Alderson's doing a great job. Frankly, I think he's the best teen actor on the show (especially since Langston and Markko aren't played by teens). I can take or leave Destiny. She's improving and I do think she has a nice friendship with Matthew. What I don't like is the bullying storyline, and Justin. I think that's all very trite and drags everything down. Matthew is battling paralysis. That should have been the main story, instead of the bullying. Now he will probably get a miracle cure and have to battle Justin and the other kids in the school who follow Justin, and it loses some of the uniqueness.

I like Rachel but I wish we could get to see more of her and know more about her. Rachel is a blank slate as a character, in part because each of the women who played her in the 90s were so different. Before they put her in a triangle I'd like to get to know her more.

• Members

Destiny and Matthew together would be cringe worthy. I hope they dont go that route but I already see the writings on the wall.

What's changed? She still is horribly annoying and played by the worst actress on the show

Archived