Y&R: Potpourri Thread

• Members

It's really stupid to kill Zapato after developing his character more than others on the show, even say Rafe. lol

Oh and this will really send Victor over the edge. You can poison his granddaughter, run down his ex-wife, gaslight his current wife, frame his daughter-in-law for stealing his wallet... and he'll be pretty chill about all of it, passively throw a million dollars of chump change down to encourage someone else to find her...

but...

F'uck with a man's dog...

sh!ts on.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

bellcurve for King! ;):lol:

And I'm not buying this Lame is a ratings draw mess, or else their wedding wouldn't have flopped and ratings wouldn't have been down that particular week. Ratings fluctuate and there's no way of telling what makes them go up or down in a particular week.

• Members

Boy, do I like it when some disinfects a thread... Especially in this, Herculean way. The way bellcurve just did it. You know, cleaning Augean stables by diverting the flow of a whole river and just wipe it all in a blink of an eye! :lol: Splendid moment.

• Members

I personally think people wanted to see if the other black characters that Lily supposedly related will finally come out of their corner to be by Lily side. Once the cancer storyline blows over. They are going to put the black people back in their little corner. While this Lily will venture out to mingle with the other cast members.

• Members

It's about damn TIME they started writing Lane and the Winters. Three months ago, it seemed like Y&R was firing on all cylinders EXCEPT where the Winters were concerned. Kristoff St. John had to issue a statement defending Neil's actions after the whole Karen/Tyra mess. Nia Peeples was hastily written out. Then we got... nothing. Except that random grandma who dropped the non-bomb that Tyra wasn't really Devon's aunt. Launching a plot that went -- approximately nowhere.

Some of us speculated that the Winters (ex Lily) would be phased out by year-end. That the Winters had no legs without Dru. I'm glad people are reassessing their view of this once-important family, but I still think it is VERY early days. It has only been a week since the audience learned that Lily had cancer. 2-3 weeks since Cane was unmasked and Neil did his best "Papa Smurf" impression. There have only been a handful of scenes and still more are needed to make this SL truly gel and drive the story forward.

• Members

This Lily as no leg. The Winters have legs but this Lily isn't doing anything for them. If they phased out the only black pe4ople in the Winter clan. They might as well rename CKLily to somebody total different. She's not a Baber or a Winters. CK can play Amanda lopez & nobody could tell the difference.

• Members

I credited Lane/The Winters as the reason for the ratings uptick and I stand by that. I might be more about Neil than Cane -- who knows exactly? But what else could it be? Mon-Wed were 3.7 and the week before had been 3.4. What other reason could there be? Lily's cancer & the Winters rallying around her was the only new element brought to the show that week.

• Members

Ratings fluctuate, there's been weeks where the show was at a 3.4 and went up to a 3.7 the next week, when nothing really happened.

Lily/Cane were on a great deal the week before too, and that week was a record low. I don't blame them for that either.

Hell, the show was at a 3.8 sometimes when all the psychos and quad from hell were getting annoying.

If ratings and quality went hand and hand, when Y&R got really bad, it wouldn't still be the #1 soap.

We never know with these things.

• Members

The Lily cancer story is, by Y&R's current standards, good soap, somewhat well paced, and has a romantic element. I think Neil and Devon are more of a drag (which is the fault of the writing, not the actors), but that's also part of the romance of it all. Whether or not this cancer should be reduced to romance is up for debate, but it's one of the very few stories they have actually told reasonably well.

Archived