Y&R: Potpourri Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, that's what I meant, you had Bill Bell and you had Ed Scott. Without those two, Bell to write and Scott to produce, you need a strong replacement for both. Y&R has never had that since Bell was HW and Scott was EP. Even when DS took over and it was Alden/Smith head writing, Y&R was still not exactly what it was.

• Members

If Y&R is suppose to be able wealthy people, why doesn't it feel like it?

Can we ......

move Neil to a better house or a house. Even Cane has house.

replace the GCAC with the Colonade Room

get rid of Jimmy's. I can't believe that these wealthy people would want to drink in that bar.

get a new hotel, everyone doesn't need to go to the athletic club.

I can't believe that a billionaire would live in the Newman ranch.

I'm sure there is more, but that's all I can think of right now.

• Members

The genre has hit hard times... but ideally the sets should be the least of their problems. If the people who were IN the sets were written properly and compellingly the background wouldn't matter. We need to focus on what's going on before we focus on where it's happening.

• Members

What ever happened to the Colonnade Room? Jimmy's looks like the Wisconsin version of GH's Jakes.

The ranch is believable for Victor Newman because I'm sure it's on a sprawling piece of land, probably over 60 acres.

• Members

I seriously don't know what killing off Zapato will do for me as a fan. When you think it can't get much worse - surprise, surprise. And for what? An innocent dog will be killed just so that the writers can prove to us how demented Mary Jane is?

We're not stupid, Maria!

• Members

They obviously want to prove to us how hardcore and "cool" they are, when they clearly aren't. :rolleyes:

Again, this writing regime started off with a double murder and Niki degrading herself in front of Victor on the beaches of Mexico. That was just a sampling of the crappy and demented vision of this current writing regime and how they intentionally force crap like that on the show. We should have known from that alone the show was going to be heading in this direction and it was going to take over at some point, and it has.

If we want a better written and more balanced show, we need new Head Writers. Nothing is going to change if these hacks running the show remain there, it's going to be more of the same if they remain.

Archived