Y&R: Week of June 1, 2009

• Members

Are the writers really planning on wasting

? Really? I watched today and

:rolleyes:

The writers do not win points for subtlety here. Not saying it's one of my strong suits either, but damn, could it have been any more obvious? :huh:

-ETA: Didn't know if speculation was considered spoiler, so I wrapped everything in Spoiler Tags.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorry for everyone who keeps blaming the writing for JM's peformances arfter smoke screening it with he's being understated I have to give a big "BOO!" to. Usually I'm fine with JM and in a way I still am, what I see in the story is each character at their lowest most pathetic of points in someway, yet and still 3 out of the 4 actors (even when the story clearly has run its course) are giving some of their best. I'd like to think that from an artist standpoint an actor would look at the challenges the story bring and connect to it to make it some of their best work. The actors make stories like these work. That's all. It doesn't matter if PHICK is looking horrid right now (though I think Phick looks more honest in many ways), or if Nick is at a low point making choices he shouldn't.

• Members

I think he is the only one out of the 4 who has the most difficult character motivation to work with. He is the ONLY one who is supposed to be confused about his choices because he is supposedly IN LOVE with two women. :rolleyes: Sorry, I don't believe that blarney about a man "being in love with two women equally", the writers can't sell me that crap no matter how hard they try when in reality they are just scared s***less to make a choice. Even if they wrote it on a gold-plated piece of paper and stapled it to my forehead I am not buying it. It's interesting however that you point out Phick looks more honest in many ways.

So I rather LOVE that Joshua is playing the part with a blank WTF is going on with my life look - how the heck did this happen to me. :lol: Because I am just as confused about Nick being EQUALLY IN LOVE with two women. His reaction is dead on IMO. These "writers" are really reaching!! :rolleyes:

I love the character and I love the actress and I had never ever seen her in anything before now so I am a bit impressed. And I too hope they keep her as well.

• Members

Phick is honest in the most mundane and totally contrived of ways. I've very rarely seen a couple that brings both actors down in such an atrociously unwatchable manner.

Michelle Stafford shines when she's away from Joshua Morrow or when Phyllis is supposed to be angry at Nick. Hopefully, they end that albatross of a relationship for good soon.

• Members

The story is not necessarily about being in love with both women EQUALLY. There are different kinds of love. While I'm not a Nick and Phyllis fan I'll live with the fact that I'm supposed to believe they are in love with each other, in a different dynamic I totally buy it. But regardless on which side of the fence one is, he can love both women and just come at a cross road in his life in regards to who he truly wants to be with. I don't necessarily think he has the hardest motivation, all motivations here are challenging honestly PB I would think has the hardest seller if you ask me. If one knows one's character then one can find the drive. Nick's drive is he found out the wqoman he didn't stop loving is still in love with him and now he has another woman he cares about involved. He's indecisive, he's a jerk, he's selfish but he still cares. There it goes

• Members

How the heck it that plot driven? If there is ANYONE who can be a formidable match for Victor, it's Jill. I love the fact that she (And Kay) are the only ones on this show who aren't afraid of him. Jill has always been the "David" taking on Goliath throughout her whole life. It's totally within her character. And she doesn't trust Jeffey and Gloria, she's just PRETENDING to until they serve her purpose. Jill isn't that dumb.

Archived