Y&R: Week of June 1, 2009

• Members

Yeah this is a good point I think that reaction is in character for Amber though, what they need is a counter balance, a character that is sort of the voice for those people (if this story is going there) other than the detective.

I like what JM brings to Nick overall. The thing about it is we each may have preferences for using certain methods in what we do over others. But sometimes the methods that we don't like that much are necessary to uplift certain parts of a project. Some necessary choices like it or not (if given his best shot) may have done wonders in what he brought to those scenes. If it was a question of doing something in which he didn't like that much to help the scene, then he could have sucked it up for those moments and worked with those elements

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. Amber's never been the most "likable" character - everything always boils down to how it's "all about her". Sometimes AF is able to walk the fine line between self-serving comedy and rootable factor, and other times, not so much. She was particularly screechy today, but then I reminded myself that she was just robbed, and from her POV, she has no reason to think it ISN'T one of the "Internet crazies"

And frankly, there are a lot of them out here. Not all of us - but enough that I could see where Amber was coming from, even if many of the people who wrote the letters/e-mails in the first place were probably speaking the truth.

• Members

LoL. It really took me by surprise!

Oh wow, JT/Mac finally reunite tomorrow!, and they acknowledge it being 2 months!

On a gloomier note, they also acknowledged that it's been one fracking year since Ana/Tyra has been in GC, and yet, they STILL suck. Granted they left for a couple of weeks, but wow, it's been one year since that b-tch hit town! Time for her to hit the road.

• Members

Ahhhhhhhhhhh - MJ day! I am so in her corner rooting for her to tear down the whole place. Stacy is so vulnerable as an actress. You really just want to hug MJ and tell her to focus her energy on a new man. I like how the story is progressing, that MJ's cage is being so rattled by Jack, Victor, Paul and now Father Todd, that her back's to the corner and she has to go on the offensive. Thank God they didn't make Victor stupid and have him blurt out Sharon's preggers.

Paul and Nikki's convo was foretelling - "If we don't talk about work or ex's what do we talk about?" What, indeed.

The only question for me is What did Victor want her to do? Make Jackfall in love with her - but not sleep with her? Was that her big mistake? Perhaps Victor knew if Jack got the goods he'd throw her away like trash?

Jill has so much ammunition against Victor now but she'll never make him bow down. He just won't be blackmailed. By the way - i think this is the first time in a long time that Victor has ever truly failed in the sense that he hatched this scheme, saw it wasn't working and aborted the whole thing. Braeden was probably OK with a private fail, just not a public one.

The B story with Jana/Kevin/Amber/Daniel just doesn't do anything for me plot-wise. But character-wise, it's not a bore to watch the other quad. But Amber is always on the verge of becoming irritating.

• Members

I'm scared that Judith Chapman is rubbing off on Jess Walton...

I love the crooked smile that MJ gives off.

This Daniel story sucks. I'd rather see MG be written off than watch this sh-t again.

After the silver chipmunk story, I have a hard time watching Rikaart.

ETA: I heard a theory that maybe Uncle Langley and Cane were lovers down under...

• Members

Loved MJ , my reaction to her wanting to turn Jack into shambles was bring it on! Though usually I like Jack; I agree about Paul and Nikki Wierdly enough it stuck me as strange that Paul finally put his foot down on the Victor talk, then it was even stranger Nikki's matter of fact response.

• Members

Re EB's possible shooting schedule,I agree that behind the scenes stuff is affecting what we see-be it budgets,contracts,set use etc.

There are so many missed opportunities.

What next for Phyllis?She is the only member of the quad not to have paired off with someone else.I think it would be interesting for Phyllis to be tempted or have another guy interested.

But who?Maybe if she began leaning heavily on Michael,that could bring out Lauren's claws.That could be fun.

Who else do you see with Phyllis?

• Members

I believe the actor hates the story. Nick is being written into a very tight corner as the [!@#$%^&*] to end all assholes on the show. I do think he is being understated in his performance but more than that, he hates it and is appearing to try and simply get through it. If we BELIEVE he is as big of an ass as the script calls for, them we are going to hate Nick even more.

• Members

I think he's telegraphed this in interviews, but he needs to rise above what he likes and doesn't like. I don't think a whole lot about JM's acting. He's Nick to me and not so bad that I ever think, "damn that was bad" and not really ever so good that I think "Damn, he just blew me away". He's hot and owns his character. That's all I ask in this case.

Archived