Y&R: Week of June 1, 2009

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This whole storyline is bugging me. Watching Amber/Kevin google themselves and Jana/Daniel discuss anything is quite boring. I'm sure this is all set-up, but after last week, today was such a letdown. I'm sure that

will somehow be the basis of all this. I just hope it's all worth it.

• Members

Yes, it was very distracting during LML's tenure and I like that kind of music just not on my soaps.

I kinda like Jana and Daniel's friendship that they seem to have going on, they seem more mature when with one another. On the other side of the spectrum, Kevin has regressed and he and Amber seem to fit more with one another. Although I am in NO WAY saying that they should all swap partners.

I just have to say, Nick is such a DICK!

• Members

So, when done right, I enjoy the "capers". If they're funny... I'd like them more if they led to more serious consequences down the road. My favorite primetime show right now, Breaking Bad, could be claimed to have started with a little caper. ("Let's cook some crystal meth to make some extra cash"). But the show now shows how lives have just utterly spiraled out of control from that caper and its explosions.

So, too, I could imagine these stories being kind of cute and funny to start...but they should mushroom and spiral and explode so that lives are changed by the end. THAT works for me. If they just stay "cute", then they're kind of "throwaway", and less worthy of our time. Eg., Plum-Carson-Bonachek.

Sigh. Nick is being written that way. Oh well...I'll just disengage emotionally until this story is over.

I still say a true partner swap -- open relationships -- Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice -- could be a totally radical and interesting and edgy thing to explore. Can four people function as a romantic whole? Oh well...I guess we'll have to reserve that for Big Love on pay TV.

• Members

I'm really not liking Nick at all... On the other hand, I'm loving Phylis. MS is rocking these scenes. I wish Phylis would go crazy on Nick and beat the crap out of him. Throw his stuff out and everything.

• Members

Yes. Except I want her in some emotional control. Cold b!tch leaves him, and tells him never to darken her doorstep again. Icy. Quickly helps him feel how much he has squandered.

She's already hit and pleaded and cut up clothes.

Now, I want her in control. Then, I want her to make him pay. Start with all his $$ in community property. Then, sic Mary Jane on Sharon. Then stand back, enjoy, and watch.

Maybe she could even call up Grace Turner (a sexy recast) to come back and f*ck up Nick's life some more.

• Members

Well, I wouldn't mind if Phyllis ENGINEERED what happens to Sharon. And yes, I wouldn't mind if she thinks better of it and saves the day at the end.

But right now, I want Phyllis to do SCORCHED EARTH. In control, icy, cold, and devastating.

• Members

That would make me so happy. Especially because of the drama that would enfold when Nick gets custody of Summer. I'm a huge Phyllis fan, which is why I want to see her play having another child taken from her (temporarily).

• Members

Oh please, no.

Even though I didn't feel as good about Sandra Nelson as Michelle Stafford, my heart BROKE for her during that lost-custody trial. Just awful.

Stafford never actually got to play that. But I want Phyllis to WIN. No more victimology for her. Just have her cut those Newmans and Abbotts DOWN.

• Members

"Now that I have come to my senses..." Really, Nick, really? It has taken years after he abandoned Sharon for realize that he should have comforted his grieving wife and stayed with his family. Save us and Sharon from this loser.

This is why I never feel sorry Ashley. She is a dumbass who always chooses Victor over her family. She knows someone with access to the ranch is gas lighting her and she decides to stay there rather than going home to Abbott mansion where her family will be able to help watch over her and keep her and the baby safe. What a fool.

Archived