Y&R: Week of June 1, 2009

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Elizabeth Hendrickson is a goddess. What a talent. With the help of some solid thoughtful writing, she has turned Chloe into this amazing woman. It was great how she empathized with Jill as a mother. The pain in Chloe's eyes and the catch in her voice when she talked about never wanting Delia to be ashamed of her was raw and determined. I almost teared up when she said that her love wasn't the worse thing to have and that she deserves the truth. The crushed look on Chloe's face in the preview when Sharon told her that she slept with Billy on her wedding day was heartbreaking. EH rocks! Love her.

Billy Miller was very good also. I like how he goes for the subtle shame and embarrassment. Billy needs to grow the hell up.

Here is a yucky spoiler:

• Members

Chloe is the modern-era soap queen. I despised her character from the beginning yet marveled at how EH made her likable and even better, reasonable. She's smart, flawed, beautiful and self-conscious. BM is bringing it too, away from Mac's orbit. I could watch these two all day long.

For those who wanted good convos to return on Y&R - wish granted.

Nina: The Cane Slayer, is on a quest and I like it so much.

The art shenangians and Kevin's redemption via Tommy Lassorda???? Please be going somewhere worth it!!!

Boy did Clem sell knowing JT!

Tomorrow's show is must-watch, must-rewind-and-watch again TV.

No, no, and NO! I was truly hoping it wouldn't go there.

• Members

On a certain level I find Billy/Mac and

extremely insulting, especially to anyone who is adopted or related to someone who is adopted. Why is that when you find out you don't have blood ties -- after believing you had blood ties & were family -- that it's suddenly okay to pick up a relationship? So if Billy finds out that Ashley is not his blood sister, does that give him license to start up an affair with her? If Victoria's real father turned out to be that other dude that Nikki was banging, would it be okay for her to sleep with Adam? And when we discover that Cane is a fraud -- spec not spoiler -- does that mean that Jill can screw him? UGH!!!

I love EH's work but I am not warm to Chloe. Oddly enough, I think I would like her better if she were bitchier. The show lacks a hell-raising bad girl and I bet EH could really deliver if they took Chloe in that direction.

JT/Mac = Not bad! Still not a fan of CF but I have enjoyed her a lot more with DL & TL than BM, so maybe there's some hope where Mac is concerned.

• Members

I give Billy and Mac a pass cause they were in love and MARRIED before they found out they were related, then fell back as soon as they found out they weren't. The other one - you are dead on right.

Chloe's smart, she meets situations head on and tries varying tactics to get what she wants, and she's very direct. i don't get the impression that Chloe will stay with Billy if he doesn't get his act together, either, which shows me she has a backbone and some guts. In fact, I hope that when they do break up (speculation) we get to see Billy pursuing Chloe for a change. I hope everyone turns on Billy and he's out in the worst way, and has to fight to win back the love he's been shunning for so long.

• Members

1. Can we take up a petition or something to ban the use of the phrase "Silver Chipmunk" on Y&R? Even Fisher-lovers are gagging at this point.

And why couldn't they have shown Tommy Lasorda in a studio? It was like real radio today, man. Isn't TV supposed to be a visual medium?

2. CF is doing it! I loved her today. She's not giggly, but she's found her sweetness and grace. I no longer want to FedEx Prozac to her.

3. It was such a pleasure to see JT, and he and CF had bona-fide chemistry. Since it is a total bust with Colleen, maybe they can forget this Raul stuff, Tammin can keep making movies, and Mac-JT can be the thing they pursue.

4. Loved EH and BM today. I loved what they were saying to each other. Amanda Beall knows how to write dialogue for the young set (which most drove today's story) better than anyone. This was a good assignment for her.

5. Who was the faux-agent talking to?

6. I wasn't so impressed with Nina at the bar. I found her stuttery and uncomfortable...but I guess that was the point.

7. I watched with two other people. When Lily gave her "love" calendar, with little hearts marking baby-making days...and when she did this in front of her father and brother... Howls of "Oh My God" rang through the house. This was the strongest negative reaction we have ever had -- SIMULTANEOUSLY -- to Lily. The boat has been so thoroughly missed with this pair...and we the audience are left sputtering and treading water.

8. Cane would call Langley from his bar, on his cell phone, in front of everyone?? I think not.

• Members

I would agree if these were people who grew up together. Billy/Mac were a couple before they thought they were related. I don't see why a misunderstanding should stand in their way, although I sure hope something does. :)

The other couple mentioned is slightly more icky, but again, they weren't around each other all that much, so it doesn't gross me out too badly.

• Members

What an eye-rolling character. I'd take 50 Ambers screeching to Tommy Lasorda (no, today I did not care for her story bits) over one baby-making-calendar Lily.

Now, on that topic, I'm a huge Kevin fan. But it is unbearably self-serving to call a radio show and try to defend your crazy actions. Yes, even Kevin expressed his ambivalence with the "insanity defense"...but he still used it.

Kevin...shut up...do good...stay out of trouble...make a difference in people's lives...counsel others to avoid your missteps...and let time pass. That's what it will take.

ETA: If Devon starts

, I'm convinced Brad Bell is ghostwriting this show. Repeat after me:

Especially not when we have Billy doing something similar one set over.

Archived