Y&R: Week of June 1, 2009

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The writing has just gotten worse and worse, and the flaws of this writing regime have been so very apparently over the past two months or so. This show isn't good at the moment folks, and please don't compare it to other soaps. This show is sucking by its own standards.

• Members

I'd be heartbroken if MTS left. I really would. She's so valuable to this show. I hate the politics of contract negotioans. She refused the pay cut and the beancounter says well fine - we'll put you on recurring. I CAN SEE how MTS would be offended by that. I wish MAB or someone high up would say - MTS, please, we can't continue to pay you a million dollars a year, but I will write you a magnificent s/l that will be well worth your time and if we get higher ratings, I'll personally see to it that you get a bonus.

I'm on the fence, but man is this hurting the show big time.

• Members

Perhaps it's not smart to grade soap operas on a curve, considering that the bar has been lowered considerably over the last 10 - 20 years, but Y&R is miles ahead of every other soap opera currently airing. Now, that might say more for the other shows than it does for Y&R, but the facts are still the facts, LoL. If I had to choose between Y&R or, say... GL, ATWT, B&B, Days, AMC, GH or OLTL, I'm choosing Y&R.

• Members

AMC was my soap. Right now though it's unwatchable. I turned to Y&R as my main soap because it was the best of the bunch but it's definitely gotten far off track. I want to watch a soap. If Y&R continues to deteriorate, then where will I get my soap fix? I might have to try one of them foreign soaps people are so hot for.

• Members

I wonder how much of this is about MTS paycut and how much is about people who don't know how to tell stories. Other stories which have nothing to do with Nikki, like the Sharon story (mental illness turned into WTD and the umpteenth revival of poor Shick, Cassie died and made them sad), the Billy stories (was he supposed to be in love with Lily, or Chloe, or was it Mac all along, wasn't he supposed to be rivals with Cane, wasn't there supposed to be more of a custody battle between Cane and Billy/Chloe), Kevin and the chipmunk, have all had pacing problems and confused motivations.

Archived