AMC: Monday, May 18, 2009

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And then, in 3 months, there will be a beating of the drums for a new opening. :rolleyes: Along with people complaining about the prisms going through Kendall and the wrong person being in a fly away and how horrible the line up is and why isn't this person and that person in the opening as well...

I say toss up a title card, a beat of music, and call it an opening. Did ABC ever think of how much money they could save instead of dishing out money to change an opening for all three shows 2 or 3 times a year? An ensemble show with a revolving cycle of 33 cast members doesn't need such an opening. Especially when they start simply cramming images in toward the end so they can end the rotation in time for Erica's SECOND photo?! :rolleyes: Don't get me started on when Eden decides to grace us with her 2 month presence again. Oy!

[/rant]

• Members

It's totally nurse Gayle. It's already been set up with Erica last week exposing the nurse's loyalty to David and now the nurse being slutty towards David. She did it because she probably saw David about to take a shot at Adam so she stepped in and shot him first. Case closed. On to the next umbrella story, Pratt.

• Members

Overall, this episode was a disappointment. It was disjointed on so many levels. Why was there no grieving for Adam? The last scene was all about Zach and Ryan. I don't care!

I can understand why Erica was impassive. Stuart aka Adam probably found her on the grounds of Chandler mansion, and sought out her help. So right now, she and Adam are the only ones that know that Stuart was the one who was shot. So from here on out, Adam will be acting as Stuart to try to sniff around and find out the identity of the killer.

If it's not nurse Gayle, I could see the killer either being Little Adam, although it looks like he was in bed during the whole incident or, I could see the killer being Emma. Annie probably saw Emma playing with the gun and shooting Adam and therefore whisked her away to protect her.

• Members

Ok y'all know I love my show - and I was entertained as hell on Friday - but I gotta say that today was a disappointment.

I mean the crazy story is still entertaining, the pace is great, and I love how all characters are being used... but there are so many things that don't make sense:

-I still don't understand how Zendall can just leave their presumed dead baby in a hospital 1 second into his 'death' just to kill a man - and then when Kendall finds out her baby is alive - she's like "What? No way, shut up!"

-And then Ryan witnesses a murder in the same house his daughter is sleeping and all he can think about is wiping off his trick's dirty shoes?

-JR's reaction to Tad getting wheeled out with gunshot wounds to the head: "Aww, hmmm, what's going on here?" :huh:

-Scott and JR can't even recognize the difference between their fathers and uncles?

-Jesse shoots his best friend (almost) to death... and he might still die... and moments later he can bark and scream at Zach like he forgot.

What even grosses me out more is that all these people seem to be comfortable and unphased by the fact that so many people are walking around with guns and threatening to kill people as if its no big deal. They are so accepting of the fact that 'Oh, he/she went to go kill ______' --- its like General Hospital where everyone is just so used to guns and death that they act like its no big deal.

Anyway --- looking past all that nonsense --- I'm still entertained and not bored. That's saying something - and after watching Steven Williford's piss poor attempt at directing today - I'm convinced Angela Tessanari is a soap directing genius.

ETA: Oh and I'm tired as HELL watching Ryan punch cops out and get away with it!

• Members

Can someone shoot Jesse again? I literally groan through all of Darnell's scenes. Jesse was shot in 1988 -- a year before I started watching this show full time. Not to mention, I was only 9 when Jesse died, so I wasn't really paying attention back then.

But now...? OVER ACTING! There is no subtly, no nuance. Everything is loud. Everything's shouted. Everything's accompanied by bug eyed or bared teethed facial expressions.

Also... I've asked this time and time again -- WHY IS THE CHIEF OF POLICE IN THE FIELD 24/7?

I love it when David puts Jake in his place. After the bigger mess he made of the Untamed Shrew's brain by operating on her in the dark, he's really that confident in his skills to be professional enough to operate on his own brother? :rolleyes:

Hee hee... Why am I overjoyed that Tad was shot in the head? Hee hee! :P

Random moment: I bet the call sheet for this tape day read "Jesse, Opal, Krystal, JR, Body..."

Why the hell is everyone scurrying? I mean, it's a total campy cliche and I love it, but why is it always in murder mysteries set in a mansion? Everyone scurries like rats.

Zach's a dumb ass. "My boy's alive? Take these cuffs off so I can go see him!" As if he doesn't realize he just confessed to murder. :rolleyes:

And, sorry, but I'm tired of "my boy." It's almost as if Zach has the Erica Syndrome of not wanting to acknowledge the child's connection to him.

I love how Best Dad in the World Ryan Lavery finds out that Emma's missing from the Chandler estate... and just stands there :mellow: and then proceeds to mosey on in to see Kendall before taking off... to punch yet another cop.

• Members

ITA with every point here. Especially about people with guns threatening to kill people. Totally echoing GH these days and AMC really IS NOT THAT.

The problem is really the setup of the mystery. All the viable suspects should be more affected by Adam's death, but can't show it because they need to be seen as potential murderers. So Erica can't get upset because they want us to wonder if she did it, same with Krystal... Scott is being presented as a suspect as Adam's benificiary, but do ANY of us really think Scott Freaking Chandler would shoot his uncle for the family company that he's never been that into running in the first place? Highly doubtful.

The only people I could REALLY see shooting Adam are Zach and David, but even David is a stretch for me because I wouldn't think he'd be that stupid. Besides, David is poorly motivated. Claiming Adam's been screwing with the people he loves for far too long? That's David's SOLE PURPOSE for returning to Pine Valley, to screw with everyone that Adam and Tad have ever loved. And David's mostly been the winner in all the battles he's waged, so he really doesn't have a reason to be so upset. What has he really lost? All Adam did was hold a secret over Krystal's head, and allegedly "poison" Little A against grandpa David, but David's never been one to admit defeat, so I'd only see him redoubling his efforts to best Adam, not just outright killing him.

• Members

I assumed you used your psychic connection with R. Sinclair to get Annie to switch the lights out at just the right time.

The only way I would care about Tad being shot is if he was killed and we foun out he's been Ted Orsini over the past 15 years.

• Members

I loved today. I haven't watched AMC regularly since Bianca's baby but I tuned in friday and today to see this and I think I am hooked. It's like CLUE mixed with Cat and the Canary (I love sliding walls) and a touch of

I just wish it was a more ingenious murder, yet I remain hooked.

Archived