AMC: Monday, May 18, 2009

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, I remember. Like, in one scene, a character would go to the phone and dial a number and then a split screen would pop up showing the character calling and the ringing phone and the other character answering it, and then go in to a full screen of the phone call recipient.

And Casey Childs was always the director when that happened. That, and those seizure inducing swishpans and quick-cuts. :rolleyes:

• Members

That was also during the awful Rayfield era right? When suddenly AMC was the most newbie filled it's always been? That combined with the weird camera quirks was too much--at least with this it's tied into the investigations and not just casual things like a "hello" telephone conversation

• Members

You knwo I get all the hate on for insistencies with the mystery but for now I'm willing to give them the benefit--for the first time in a LONG time I can think of a murder mystery on one of my ABC soaps is actually getting an interesting set up with clear clues, etc. Nothing like the silly serial killers AMC and OLTL especially have been riddled with, etc.

Archived