AMC: Monday, May 18, 2009

• Members

That's because they haven't updated that shiz in almost 9 months!!!

So happy to see Brot in there - that hopefully means he's staying longer-term.

Just wish we could get Opal back in - along with Petey.

As for the new shots - Natalia's looks different - like she wasn't in the studio.

My other comments above stand --- don't understand some of the placement --- but of course they never get it 100% right each time.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Natalia is on contract!? What's her episode guarantee? One per 13 week cycle?

I wonder why AMC hasn't offered Daniel Kennedy a contract (assuming they haven't).

It will be interesting to see how long JR Martinez sticks around for. Because there's only so much you can do with the current war angle, which is what he came to play. Then what? Brot's evil twin comes to Pine Valley? His dead wife he never mentioned turns out to be alive (and crazy) and comes up with countless schemes to keep Brot & Taylor apart? I don't really want to see JR relegated to typical soap stories, and I can't see him sticking around for that either.

Is AMC that broke that they couldn't shoot some new footage for MCE and Bobbie Eakes? Seriously? Couldn't every member of the cast and crew have donated a dollar so they could have done a half-decent revision of the opening?

And I have to say I'm really stunned they didn't try to include Eileen Herlie in the opening somehow. I didn't see her in it when I watched the show live today but I was certain I just missed it and she was in there somewhere.

I thought that was odd too. Plus she's in one of the cursed opening spots. Doesn't bode well.

• Members

You know what's sad? We saw more of Liza in 1 second in the opening than we've seen of her on the show in the past 2 weeks

Actually I think I have a theory as to why Liza is never on. I think that Jamie Luner is filming for Melrose Place to help start it up and give it a tie to the old series, but that news hasnt been released bc they want to make her cameo on the new show a secret. The show started filming just as she got her AMC gig and on the View she said she'd definetly appear if the oppurtunity were too arise but joked that she's a bit too busy at AMC at the moment. Weeks later we see that, that isnt the case. Considering Pratt used to work with her on MP and most likely helped get her this AMC gig, I think the show is working with her and letting her do a few episodes for MP which would explain why she's been so absent

Ryan is a loser as usual. Theres a kilelr on teh loose in the mansion an dinstead of going upstairs to see Emma and get her out of there, he leaves to go bring Kendall to the hospital. WTF? Next he punches out a cop. Cant stand him

• Members

Natalia has a "white sheet" background, which a few have had (Livia, Ethan, Babe #2's first shot). All the new shots are really smiley. Oh well. Did anyone see the odd editing on Joe? Watch closely, you'll see they cut a bit of his sequence out in the middle for some reason.

Also, I bet they're setting up for a Brot/Natalia pairing if they really go the route of Tad/Taylor.

• Members

Luner. My theory doesn't go with accomodation or Melrose Place (she's begging to be asked to go on "MP 2.0" in interviews), I think their were probably story changes and/or Pratt was developing her story very last minute.

Luna/Liza will start airing tomorrow non-stop. I believe she's taped in every open taping since April 15.

• Members

Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree? :D

I agree that it wasn't as good as Friday's show. I was also bothered by the lack of grief. JR & Colby (who sucked, as usual) were distraught but you'd think Krystal would be too considering how she once claimed to have loved him. Opal was more upset about Tad's shooting, which in my spoiler-free opinion was a great twist! I'm intrigued by how the neurosurgery will change him.

I loved how Erica just randomly popped up in the hospital with dirty shoes at the end, but I agree she should have been more upset by the news.

Zach clearly confessed to cover for Kendall, whom he thinks is guilty. I hope Liza steps up and keeps them from reuniting over this!

I'm going to need time to get used to the new opening. The latest shots (Marisa, Liza, Scott, etc.) just don't look right to me.

• Members

The new opening is depressing. Joe and Palmer are tossed in there, surrounded by people that they really have no ties to at all. Joe works with Angie, so that works, but Palmer is between Jack and Brot. Jack is between Amanda and Palmer. It really drives home the fact that Pratt has done a great job at hacking away the families on the show. You can re-introduce characters in order to rejuvenate some of these groups without making the show a slave to flashbacks and rehashes (hey look, it's Ron Carlivati!). Gradually introduce recasts of Jamie, Tim, Sam, and Lily, and put Petey on contract, for God's sake! Petey/Lily could be all kinds of win. Bring back Reggie! One does not go to basketball camp for three years! Recast Trey!

No wonder the holidays suck so much. Everybody hates each other except for the Hubbards/Brot/Taylor.

Archived