AMC: Monday, May 18, 2009

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I HATE THIS STORYLINE...for the simple fact that I can't stand how the characters are treating Adam, and like his death is no big deal. I thought I would at least get some Erica payoff, but nope now shes a suspect (even though we know she would never do it). But all we get is Colby's poorly acted reaction.

This makes me miss Skye & Haley even more, "Adam" deserved more than this...its just so disrepsectful to his legacy and everything he has been to this show. Even when Adam was bad, he was never a some cartoon villan everyone wanted to kill. And the reason people have for killing him are ridiculous.

Krystal dumbass lies catching up with her, I see no reason to kill.

David not seeing little Adam (umm David this is exactly what you were trying to do to Adam and JR months ago)

Zach & Kendall (fine...they actually have a reason)

JR (Adam not being nice to you, whats new, maybe if you weren't a drunken loser and treated Adam like he was actually your father, he would treat you better)

Annie (love her, but WTF...)

Tad (COME ON...you have no more proof then you had weeks ago that Adam killed Dixie..but then again you did kill Greg Madden, so lets ruin your character more)

Liza (if she was there...you got nothing...like killing Colbys dad would help you get closer to her)

Erica (would never kill adam..EVER)

Its the nurse...it is so her, Pratt is not dumb enough to have any of the above kill Stuart. Its too contrived, and makes no sense.

• Members

Yeah, today was a bit anti-climatic. The episode was okay, but I thought it would be more gripping (since Friday's show was so awesome). I have to give kudos to Jill Larson; I thought she was fantastic after Tad got shot. I liked Erica popping up during the last 20 minutes. Yes, those were her legs! hehe! The ''actress'' playing Colby should have been fired yesterday. Seriously--how does she stay on?

• Members

I think they're probably settling for Moncrief out of fear that recasting the role again would further alienate the audience from the character. I strongly disagree and I think torturing us for much longer with this person in the role would just be delaying the inevitable. It's a shame Colby wasn't felled by the bullet instead.

I agree with Ms. Chandler Quartermaine. This murder mystery is VERY hard for me to connect with, because I don't see any of these suspects actually murdering anyone. Maybe Zach, because he shot Josh in cold blood on-screen. But days ago, with David holding a scalpel to Adam's throat and telling him he would cut his throat right there in a crowded hospital and kill him if Marissa WAS his daughter? It absolutely made no earthly sense. And David grabbing Krystal firmly by the arms and Krystal urging him to kill her because she deserved it. Are we REALLY that close to the edge in Pine Valley that there are threats of death and malice in every episode? None of them are properly motivated, so I just don't get it.

Motivations have been slapped together quicker than Liza can orgasm, with the Ian heart valve thing just coming out of nowhere and the random and sudden "twist" of Adam POSSIBLY killing Dixie to motivate Tad and JR. And Kendall and Zach go out to kill Adam because they THINK Ian died, when he actually didn't? It smells of desperation to attach the show's "money" couple to the umbrella story murder mystery, without sacrificing their child to PROPERLY motivate them to commit murder. When none of your suspects make logical sense, your victim isn't even clear in the first episode post-murder, your mystery sucks. The police are inept (I see Guza's influence on Pratt) and can't keep 17 people from bulldozing their way into the crime scene and compromising it by chewing all the scenery, and getting knocked out by the likes of Ryan Lavery, serial policeman-attacker. Because he's wearing a suit, they assume he's Adam? Does anyone remember he has a twin? Wouldn't Scott be more affected to see someone that looks exactly LIKE his father lying dead on the floor? Would Scott want to be sure it WASN'T Stuart? He was throwing "Adam's" death in JR's face within two minutes of seeing the body.

The visual execution of it all has been interesting, to say the least, so kudos to the directing and editing teams, but the writing is just off the wall ridiculous.

• Members

This has been one of AMC's biggest problems for years now.

Adam is EVUL!!!!!

Why??

This worked when Adam was a wicked man whose only real love was for his twin brother Stuart, who was locking Dixie up in the nuthouse to steal her child, who was cheating on his infertile wife Brooke, or in that horrible sperm story where he impregnated Liza without her knowledge.

When Adam began to be presented as a loving father to his kids, as someone who genuinely loved Krystal, and as the "good" characters in the story like Tad or JR or Babe or Krystal were so nasty and self-righteous, the writing fell apart.

This story is like others have said, very strong visually, but I think it's a very hollow story, because, like most of the other stories over the years, and especially Pratt's stories, it's all about characters being plot points, not about any emotional resonance or anything to make us feel invested. I can't get invested in any story with monsters like Zach or Tad or pathetic characters like what's become of Kendall or Krystal or JR as our points of outrage. They also go for the stunt and not the followthrough, just like they did with Josh being murdered.

• Members

Yes, the directing and editing has been interesing the past two episodes. That's all I can really give them for this thing they smoked together. That, and Canary was awesome on Friday and as somebody else in this thread pointed out - Jill Larson stepped up today, I thought she sucked the other day so that was a nice surprise.

I was relieved they put a shot through the window having read the North script, because part of me thought they weren't going to give that much follow through.

Maybe it will get better as it goes on. Maybe it won't.

Archived