Y&R: Week of May 18, 2009

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, nothing but Shick/Shack/Phick talk.

I can't imagine there being a lot to talk about when Tuesday's episode especially is a huge bore! Yawn.

Cane you blame the people? It's Lane wedding, no wonder people are trying to come up with other stuff to talk about.

Or should we discuss about where dear Humphrey was?

• Members

And the virgin Lily, didn't she catch chlamydia from Kevin? But that was supposed to show us how evil he was, not how stupid she and others are for having reckless unprotected sex with multiple partners.

Hopefully this thread doesn't get so out of control, I'm only on page 19 of last weeks and wondering if it is worth it to keep reading.

I'm surprised he wasn't in the bouquet.

• Members

We have four days for a wedding where the one shocking event happened at the end of the first day? I don't consider Devon not being related to those people that I don't even care about as news. Even Della Reese looks bored. Why would she crash Lily's wedding?

• Members

What's the phrase of the moment, soapydoc?

BAM!

Sharon and Nick were moving in those cabin scenes, and of course the writers will eventually unite them as "soul mates". But for the next few years, let us see a fun, adult, sexy relationship with Nick and Phyllis...that's all. Move these two into other stories, but take the focus off the relationship proper.

Needless to say, Cat, I have now fallen deeply in love with you! :wub:

No. It would show he's as f*cked up as Sharon...which is why those two deserve a relationship whirl.

Yes. I'm very interested to see if he brings some of his personal backstory into a more layered...and maybe more secure...Phillip.

==

"Episode talk": Watching Phick live...and today's show is EXACTLY why they are so great. Their eyes never unlock (that's the Martha Byrne-John Hensley school of acting, people). Their conversation is so natural...they sound like real people. But in that crowded room, the heat they feel for each other stands out. Utterly compelling....

• Members

I'm sorry, I'm am NOT GETTING Phyllis's point of view in this whole mess. Why would a successful woman like Phyllis who has experience on both ends of relationships (as the scheming seductress and as the loving wife) WANT a man like Nick who constantly goes back his "soulmate" for sex and emotional attachment?

Phyllis tolerates Nick's crummy treatment of her. Nick wanders off and cheats on Phyllis, not once, but TWICE (thus far) and she throws a fit for maybe one day, but then she brushes it aside, and takes him back KNOWING fully that he still loves and has feelings for Sharon and will always go back to her for sex.

Phyllis is on the receiving end of an emotionally abusive relationship. Not to mention, Phyllis is the one being portrayed as the idiot in this whole triangle. She tolerates her husband infidelities and sweeps them under a rug REPEATEDLY. When will the point come where Phyllis says, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"?

I'm sorry, I do not want to see this for a woman like Phyllis. She used to be so strong and independent, and outside of the initial Danny situation, the Phyllis that came back in 2000 didn't need a man to define who she was.

Archived