Y&R: Week of May 18, 2009

• Members

Ehh enough with the quad by that time honestly. I would love if Summer's paternity issue gets revisited but alas I fear that they are stretching this paternity error thing a bit much. But if the paternity issue was to be rivisited more angst in the story coming full circle, more story having Nick work to regain everyone in which he has betrayed love again. More angst for Jack to develop a bond with Summer while Nick's bond is already solid. More story for Phyllis, more story for Sharon. Abby is just there I guess the writers can't seem to find her place just yet I would guess that would be a lot easier if she were not related to the only other teenage boy around (for now) Noah, hence my point. Anyway Abby and Noah's relationship isn't the worse thing. I understand that story beat it was/is Victor and Ashley's story. The thing is I admittedly am enjoying the quad now, love em ! love em! How-ever eventually with all this convaluted stories that is already taking place or being set up, there will come a point where I want Jack and Phyllis to spin a bit more out of Nick and Sharon's orbit. They are tied enough already for future stories, Sharon doesn't need to have baby Jack to solidify the quad or give them longterm conflict, that's already established. It's Overkill to me! I guess that's MY breaking point

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they could have a lifetime of stories from this. The point is not the quad, the point is the Newman/Abbot feud. I think Billy is a better choice because I want the classic feud to continue into the next generation. Josh Morrow is no Eric Braeden, but I hope they find a way to continue the feud between the families. Plus, I agree with the notion that Nick and Sharon's little girl (which I believe they will have someday) should not come from such an ugly story. Maybe that's where this is headed, but I find it completely unappealing.

• Members

It was just a fling with Billy & if it does become more down the road. I just don't see how it would work. Billy needs to stay in his lane. & let Jack deal with his step son & Sharon. Even business wise. Nick would come to Jack for something. At one time they we're close.

• Members

So much word! GR can act circles around him IMO. And I've never seen what is the big deal about his character. He's totally standardish, he was a typical average-guy Jack Smith character. Dreadful.

• Members

This part I do not understand, there never was anything "perfect" about the Nick and Sharon relationship, she came on canvas as a gold-digger, she practically stole him from Amy and she lied to him from day one!, couple that with her getting pregnant on purpose and the un-wanted pregnancy (on Nick's side) of Noah, followed by the beginning of their I cheat, you cheat, rinse and repeat. I think a child born from an adulteress affair suits Nick and Sharon to a tee!! In some fans views there never was anything appealing about SHICK be it while they were married or when they commit adultery together. All this "fairy tale" or "Sharon is Nick's Juliet" description about SHICK is hilarious!

• Members

1. I do not understand all these statements about what "should" and "should not" be in the weekly threads -- vs. what deserves its own thread. Is there a SON written policy? Could we get one?

2. Those who believe the appeal of Phick was their initial forbidden nature don't understand the couple...at least for their fans. It is how they look at each other...how they are with each other. Some can mock "sex and videogames". What we've been shown is that this is a couple that, in good times, enjoys each other.

3. I have come to understand that while I have (explicable, defensible) but nonetheless irrational biases against Brittany Hodges, so too, some folks here have thoughts about Cane and Phick that are near-identical to my view about Brittany. Their views are explicable and defensible, but nonetheless reflective of a bias and a closed mind. I think this is fine...I think our challenge (as a community) should be to tolerate these disagreements...enjoy them...and not try to squash them. Vive la difference. Posting "eye-roll" gifs and so forth doesn't seem so tolerant...but that's my thing.

4. I agree that MG's Daniel could be easily sent away. But please NO MORE DEATHS. Simply write him a gripping exit story, but let the character live. Haven't we seen enough backflips done over ill-conceived death lately?

5. I do not want Sharon's baby to be Jack's. I want his part of the story to be realizing he needs to reconnect with Kyle/Keemo. I think the biggest story potential is if the baby is Billy's, since there is REAL chemistry there. That said, my hunch is that Sharon's child will not go to term, and this will drive her more insane. Hopefully an Ashley-style fugue state where she wanders catatonically and later amnesically into the world.

6. One last point on Phick. I think they should be solidified and left alone. Then we need to see Nick in Noah's storyline. We need to see Nick in Nikki's storyline. In Victor and Adam's. We need Phyllis in a new storyline for Michael. In Daniel-Amber-Kevin's storyline. Nick and Phyllis, as a happy couple, can cross-over into their respective family storylines. And, at the close of day...they can melt into one another's arms. Give me two years of that before starting the 'endgame' story of Shack.

• Members

I'm with you Mark H the baby should not be Jack's. Sharon and Jack are a horrible chemistry-less couple and should not be tied together forever with offspring. I also don't think Sharon should be rewarded for her slutty behavior by getting to have Nick's baby either. If this baby comes to term it should be Billy's. Billy has said before to Sharon that all they have is sex, maybe it was just me but she looked disappointed, so I doubt he'd up and leave Chloe to marry her. Chloe would get her comeuppance for breaking up the saintly duo and It would drive a big wedge between two brothers and leave the door open for Victor to manipulate Billy. Soaps are about angst and how much angst will there be if Nick and Sharon get their happily ever after reward for reverting back to their tried and true cheating ways?

• Members

How about -- people just post whatever the hell they want to post. And people can respond to them however they want. With one stipulation: NO PERSONAL BASHING.

There is an almost indistinguishable line here. But it has been crossed. Ruckston, you know I love ya but it's like you are targeting Alvin/YRWorldTurner in at least two posts. I don't know if something went down between you guys on another thread, don't need to know the details. But if people want to talk Phick and or Cane, they "should" be allowed.

And, Sylph, if it takes another 50 pages for people to get it all off their chests, so be it.

BTW. I like Cane. Shoot me already. Still hate Lily, though.

• Members

I took his post to mean that Phick should have a couple of solid years before beginning the march towards Shickville. Naturally, I agree with him.

The story as well as the show is heating up so I would expect as much discussion about Phick/Shick as the Phillip or Mac/Raul stories.

• Members

To me having a that wedge & keep having it for years to come between brothers cane get old. I'm looking outside of the wedge issues. These are brothers. There not enough family get together on Y&R for me. They could be brother vs brother in any other thing. why it got to be about Sharon. Let them have their sex. Justl ike Phick should havge stayed as an affair let Billy & Sharon do that as well.

Archived