Y&R: Week of May 18, 2009

• Members

Phyllis already lost one child, why should she have to suffer the loss of another?? only so some fans can be egstatic that her tie to Nick is broken??? Summer is just the icing on the cake, Nicke FELL in love with Phyllis before there was a Summer Newman or before Phyllis found out she was pregnant. History can not be re-written just to appease one certain fanbase or any one fan.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not the affair, it's the gang bang mentality that I don't want to see rewarded. Summer shouldn't die, but she should be Jack's. It would be fun to address why Nick would claim the baby as his own and leave his family to play house with his ex step daddy's baby and wife.

I don't see how it's stupid for Billy to wind up with two infants because he's too stupid to put on a condom. Herpes would have been better for this storyline than another baby, but people don't get incurable STI's on soaps.

• Members

He's a very strong and brave man. I can't imagine going through a fraction of what he went through. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the show, having only become a viewer recently.

As for the Sharon/Nick/Phyllis triangle, I want Nick to be with Sharon. Just sayin.

• Members

in that case Cassie is dead and it is sad that the writers are using Cassie as sexual foreplay for Nick and Sharon, it seems they have to discuss Cassie before they have adulteress sex! Why can't the love they have for their living child be the glue that binds them and the reason for them to re-unite??? why does it have to be Cassie and this child that probably is not even Nick's child, why can't their own biological child be enough?!

• Members

I've never said a child has to be the reason they reunite at all. I wasn't even talking about what I want to happen, I'm talking about what I believe will happen based on 20 years of watching soaps. It is all but inevitable that Nick and Sharon will reunite some day and then break up again. Just like Victor and Nikki have done that dance over and over. I also believe at some point Y&R will give them another daughter. Not because I want that to happen, I just think that's a card the show will play down the road. Time will tell.

• Members

I have never seen Nick and Sharon as the "new" Victor and Nikki, they just never had the "umph" that would quantify them as a super couple! for the 10 years they were married they did not inter-act that much with the rest of the cast, they were on their little fantasy island save for the cheating partners they had, they just never had substance to me. And in my 45 year history of soap opera watching, I have yet to see where a couple "HAVE" to re-unite??? there are alot of couples in soap history that never re-untied after getting a divorce! I personally see no reason to have to suffer through more wasted air time of this toxic and boring couple!!! again, why try to recapture the past when the past SUCKED!

• Members

I didn't say they are the new Victor and Nikki. I said they will get together again and break up again just like Victor and Nikki have. And I didn't say it "has" to happen. I said I believe it will. The show has given me every possibly indication of this. Personally, I've never been a big fan of Sharon and Nick, but I think the writing is on the wall.

• Members

The grief they share over Cassie dying is what keeps bringing them together. To insinuate that they are actually using their dead child as foreplay is sick, if putting it in those terms to defend your preferred couple makes you feel better then so be it.

You've watched soaps for 45 years and you've yet to see where a couple had to reunite?!?!

There are plenty of people who see no reason to have to suffer through more wasted air time on Phick too.

I would like it if both Sharon and Phyllis both found someone other then Nick.

It's Y&R's fault for writing to many situations where sex is supposed to be this magic cure all to almost anything.

Archived