Y&R: Week of May 18, 2009

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you. There was a time I liked Phick, but it's run it's course for me. Their affair was hot and I would have been happy if it ended there. Now, it's just holding Phyllis back. I'd love nothing more for her to cut bait.

• Members

I guess "age inappropriate" is in the eye of the beholder. I see nothing wrong with the Nick and Phyllis pairing, heck the way they are going, Nick will catch up with Phyllis, any day I expect him to say, "I can now access my trust fund!

WE as fans should worry less about a character's age and more about the character's behavior, the stories being told, the pacing and the future of soaps in general. As long as they are over the age of 21, it really is all relative!

• Members

So freaking true. It is like when I see half naked women running around on my soap and I haven't seen a shirtless guy in months. It makes me wonder who they think are watching these soaps. Why am I interested in watching old as the hills Victor turn on Nikki in favor of these young chicks? Now if Nikki dumped Victor and he was chasing after her that would be another story, but when does that ever happen?

• Members

3 pages almost all about Nick and Phyliss...Ugh....LOL. Why not start a thread about them instead of putting it on the weekly thread..which btw no eppy has appeared yet...LOL

We get it...they are hated with Alvin as President of the Club...LOL I dont like them either but time to move on to different topics of the show...LOL

• Members

Exactly, they were never compelling in the first place. The only thing interesting about them was their affair, and that was only because it was forbidden.

The best thing to happen to them was Sharon and Nick screwing again. It particularly did wonders for Stafford's acting.

But soon, it's just time for Phyllis to move on from Nick and let him go. Why does she want someone like that? He clearly isn't over his ex and she tolerates it.

• Members

Ruxton, I feel you. There's only so much that can be said about Phickron.

Back to P3. Since P3 and Cane were allegedly switched at birth, itt's really strange to think that P3 and Lily could have been a couple!

Here's a crazy thought, especially because I love MG as Daniel, but does anyone think it would actually be great move to kill off the character, assuming this whole art storyline is part of some criminal enterprise? MG's not going to want to stick around Y&R forever and the character doesn't really have a purpose on the show. But Daniel's death would provide a ton of story for Phyllis (and make her desperation to hold onto Nick that much more palpable), Amber, Kevin, Noah, etc. Where else does the character have to go? Amber could return to being sort of bitchy, Kevin would get back some edge and Noah would be haunted by the loss of another sibling and Phyllis would be brought back to her original state. I can't even believe I'm suggesting this because MG is one of the best in daytime, but it just came to me how Daniel's death could transform a slew of characters.

Archived