Y&R: Week of May 18, 2009

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's actually sad. Not only did they keep her for no reason, but they did a total character rewind by having her trust Adam again. Is she going to arrest him again? Lazy, lazy writing (on this stuff, of course).

• Members

Sadly I must reply, but I will be brief.

Four shows have, for about 12 months now, decline trajectories that differ from the other four (AMC, OLTL, DOOL, Y&R). I fully acknowledge that these could be fairly random upticks, and that the genre as a whole (including these shows) will continue to fall. In that case, it IS inertia.

But non-linear models suggest that some shows, Y&R being one of them, have turned the corner, and may have stabilized. 12-month ratings for Y&R would support such a conclusion...but only (of course) if the stability holds up longer. We shall see...

Inertia, in another way, would imply the SAME story is told over and over. That is B&B. That is not Y&R. (Now I'll be called mean and judgemental and biased against some shows and a fanboi of others.).

Please reply if you must only.

==

Now--back to "episode discussion"

Nick and Phyllis' final scene was truly beautiful today. First, they discussed what sex is for them...that it is more that physical...it is how they connect. Sex is the foundation of the relationship, but only the foundation.

I also thought Michelle Stafford played an interesting *note* today....there was some doubt. Not just mistrust. I thought, for a flash, maybe she was feeling a little less close to Nick after the sex. And if that is true...THAT could be the beginning of the end. I love her expressive face.

I don't want that, and I realize yor comment was 'agenda' driven...but that COULD be part of Adam's redemption arc.

He leads to her death (even if just by suicide). He realizes he loved her. This causes him to reconnect with his goodness...his Hope side.

That said, I love Heather-Adam, and I'd like them to get back to the "functional" side of the street.

Archived