Y&R: Week of May 18, 2009

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People on soaps never blame the man, it is always the other woman. I've seen enough of that in real life as well to believe that they are reflecting the views of their primary audience. Men are viewed as beasts without any self control so it is up to other women to keep their hands off of a "taken man".

On a side not, if Phyllis is abused than it makes her more like Nikki and Nick like Victor than Nick and Sharon are.

Did she take a pay cut???

• Members

Forgot to add (not that anyone cares): Maria is good at historicizing stories, she imbues, soaks them in these historic references to blind the fans and stop them from seeing how much it all sucks underneath those shout-outs to history.

• Members

I feel ya. They have Tatiana Ali around merely to show that he's not a social dud. She barely says anything other than "Nice to meet you". Frankly, TA is more well known than any of them. She was on successful show for years. I don't know why she would even do this no-role role.

• Members

Oh, puhleez! :lol: Don't you see how much it doesn't work? The last week's thread, your own yawns?

Y&R stays on top mostly, but not only because of, inertia.

An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

It is hysterical for me! I can't stop laughing and that's why I watch! The awfulness entertains me.

• Members

I remember it last year when you said that you watch the show even when it's boring. I'm just the same. Remember last year's March-August?

I know my yawns and each of them had a reason. There are stories that work and even though the system has various cracks, I'm okay with the show.

Archived